Closed Thread
Page 35 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 350 of 1031
  1. #341
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    So the antenatal clinic of my preferred public hospital just called and advised as Im not in their "catchment" area I can not deliver there and have to go to my awful local hospital. So devistated!
    That sucks Wish! Which hospital do you have to go to now?


    Veritas I'm glad I only have to go to 14 weeks on the clexane, I have quite high ANA but my FS is happy to take me off after 12 weeks (increased to 14 weeks "just in case"). The thought of coming off the medications does scare me a little, especially since everything seems to be going so well being on them. I'm going to bring it up with my OB next week - she's also a FS so it will be interesting to get her opinion.

  2. #342
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    144
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    So the antenatal clinic of my preferred public hospital just called and advised as Im not in their "catchment" area I can not deliver there and have to go to my awful local hospital. So devistated!
    So sorry to hear that. How frustrating Wish!! I found it so stressful booking into the public hosp antenatal clinic and also finding a Ob (still not sure which one to go with so want to keep options open)!!! The stress partly took away the joy of finding out we got a BFP!! And then to find out the midwifrey group practice fills up based on bubs due at the beginning of the month just topped it off! With my EDD right at the end of April I had no chance!

  3. #343
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    144
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Orchids great news on your results when is your scan?
    Thanks cappy...its still a couple of weeks away..on the 10h Sept

  4. #344
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,954
    Thanks
    859
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    So sorry to hear that. How frustrating Wish!! I found it so stressful booking into the public hosp antenatal clinic and also finding a Ob (still not sure which one to go with so want to keep options open)!!! The stress partly took away the joy of finding out we got a BFP!! And then to find out the midwifrey group practice fills up based on bubs due at the beginning of the month just topped it off! With my EDD right at the end of April I had no chance!
    I know what you mean orchids, we were so lucky to have the Fertility Clinic organise all the antenal clinic stuff (except the fact that it was wrong!)
    Im so confused about the midwivery program the only ones I can find are $3000 +!! Is that right?

  5. #345
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,968
    Thanks
    886
    Thanked
    777
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    I know what you mean orchids, we were so lucky to have the Fertility Clinic organise all the antenal clinic stuff (except the fact that it was wrong!)
    Im so confused about the midwivery program the only ones I can find are $3000 +!! Is that right?
    That seems excessive Wish - that's around what you would be looking to pay for an Ob's management fee. I didn't think it was really supposed to cost you anything going public?

  6. #346
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,954
    Thanks
    859
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    That seems excessive Wish - that's around what you would be looking to pay for an Ob's management fee. I didn't think it was really supposed to cost you anything going public?
    Public is free, thats the cost of a private midwife, (one or two midwives stay with you rather than coping whom ever is rostered on, staff changes every 8hrs etc) after my exp with nurses during my hospital stay, the private midwife sounds amazing but we just cant afford it!

  7. #347
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    245
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked
    144
    Reviews
    0
    I tried midwifery group practice (or caseload midwifery) at a public hosp..and i understood it to be free. Its generally when a small team of 4-6 midwives work in a team to provide your maternity care throughout pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenting. It provides women with one-to-one midwife continuity of care. Because they only take 55 cases per month and it was full when I rang i'm on the waiting list,...so they offered me shared care between GP and midwife.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Orchids For This Useful Post:

    Wishnhope  (29-08-2013)

  9. #348
    Veritas's Avatar
    Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    7,286
    Thanks
    135
    Thanked
    435
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    That sucks that wish that you were led up the garden path... Could you "move"?

    We are going private Ob with this one, for a few very good reasons, one being I would never trust our local public! I want a vbac this time and all my reading says my chosen ob is a big supporter so fingers crossed we get there. The cost is such a turn off but I figure after the small fortune we've put into creating this child it's worth the money to bring them into the world safely and trust your care provider.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

    Roseate  (01-09-2013)

  11. #349
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,954
    Thanks
    859
    Thanked
    731
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe Im looking into the wrong thing, Im booked with an antenatal clinic rather than midwives, thanks Orchids!

    Veritas
    no chance of moving unless its high risk as we didnt get time to get the maternity cover (who wouldve thought girst go we'd get lucky)

    But I have success!! In WA its called Community Midwivery WA and a domino birth. Unfortunatley its probably a bit late for me to fit in, but I tried!
    Last edited by Wishnhope; 29-08-2013 at 17:42.

  12. #350
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks
    1,105
    Thanked
    853
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post
    I tried midwifery group practice (or caseload midwifery) at a public hosp..and i understood it to be free. Its generally when a small team of 4-6 midwives work in a team to provide your maternity care throughout pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenting. It provides women with one-to-one midwife continuity of care. Because they only take 55 cases per month and it was full when I rang i'm on the waiting list,...so they offered me shared care between GP and midwife.
    I'm doing this too Wish and it's free. But yes you need to be quick. I luckily got in in the nick of time. We've spoken to our midwife and she sounds lovely and we'll be seeing her go a tour/initial consultation at around 12 weeks. But yes you can get shared care too.

    Google midwifery group practise the public hosital or call the midwives there and see if they have a program. Our hospital has only been doing it for about a year but I hear it's been around a lot longer.

    Good luck.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

    Wishnhope  (29-08-2013)


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF Babies due Jan/Feb/Mar 2014
    By Ivfnewbie in forum pregnancy and babies through IVF
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 15-10-2013, 10:45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
CarmelsBeautySecrets
Growing your own natural nails is easy. Years ago, I devised a simple and very effective technique which really helps boosts the nails' growth in as little as three days! And most importantly keeps them that way.
featured supporter
LCF Fun Languages Australia
We offer foreign language lessons for children 2-12 yrs in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or German as after-school and preschool clubs or private language tuition. This is play-based, full immersion language learning with proven results!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!