Closed Thread
Page 33 of 104 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Veritas, hope all stats quiet for you from now on. Good that you have the reassurance if your OB.

For those going to weddings, etc, I found that if you just walk around with a glass of champagne at the beginning, people soon get drunk and the focus is off you then. If you can ask the bar staff to make it mostly lemonade you won't feel guilty taking a sip or two! It helps if your DP can get your drinks for you or get them yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Lots you have the ultimate excuse you're the BRIDE!! I barely ate at our wedding there was so much going on and just tell everyone you're too excited to eat! As for drinking contact the venue advise of your situation and request a "special bottle" of non alcoholic wine to be served to you only. Just tell everyone its your fav and DF organised it esp for you.
    Haha, so true! I'm pretty lucky the venue is BYO so we're organising the alcohol. Going to look into non alcoholic wine this weekend. I'll just have one of the wait staff in on it. The only problem is one of our friends organised the caterers so I'll have to somehow get the waiter to be tight lipped.
    I'm actually more concerned about the hens. Having a high tea...without champagne...will be interesting.
    I have a few friends who know so we'll have to blag it together

It's all part of the fun I say!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissMagic View Post
    Veritas, hope all stats quiet for you from now on. Good that you have the reassurance if your OB.

For those going to weddings, etc, I found that if you just walk around with a glass of champagne at the beginning, people soon get drunk and the focus is off you then. If you can ask the bar staff to make it mostly lemonade you won't feel guilty taking a sip or two! It helps if your DP can get your drinks for you or get them yourself.
    Unfortunately my friends get more focused on me after a few drinks (insert drunken friend outing me at the hens night) I might just have to hide behind DH all night!

Lots you should be fine with a high tea with friends and family in the know. Good Luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a girls weekend away recently and a girlfriend who knew swapped glasses with me all night! No one had a clue.

I am defn not I finding out the sex. My DH wants to but I vetoed it. It's exciting for those around you too to find out what the bubba is when its born- its like a happy surprise. And I am such a blabber mouth if we found out I would tell everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm bad with surprises, I couldn't handle not knowing so we will be finding out asap! I also don't want the hassle of only being able to buy gender neutral stuff for the nursery.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We won't be finding out. Didn't with DS and won't this time, although I tend to 'cheat' and ask the acupuncturist (who have surprisingly good strike rates) and anyone other than the sonographer what they think!!

I like the Chinese chart but I looked up my DS and it said 'girl' so not sure now!! I love this kind of thing though!!

Quick OB question for those going that route: how many weeks were you / will you be at your first OB appt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlover View Post
    We won't be finding out. Didn't with DS and won't this time, although I tend to 'cheat' and ask the acupuncturist (who have surprisingly good strike rates) and anyone other than the sonographer what they think!!

I like the Chinese chart but I looked up my DS and it said 'girl' so not sure now!! I love this kind of thing though!!

Quick OB question for those going that route: how many weeks were you / will you be at your first OB appt?
    I'll be 9 weeks (well 8w6d to be precise) when I see my OB for the first time next Tuesday :-)

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always thought I would want to find out but now that I am actually pregnant I want a surprise! Everyone already knows what their name will be for both boy and girl so at least there will be some news. I know there is still a surprise whether you find out halfway through or at the end. I will prob change my mind but at the moment I'm planning on waiting til the end.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have decided a surprise for us. I found out with dd but I figure with ivf nothing is a surprise so lets let the gender be. I think it'll be a girl though dp desperately wants a boy.

I'll be 10.5 weeks when we first see our ob, still two weeks to wait. Nuchal scan the following week.

That gender chart is interesting. It's right for dd and for me and my sisters. Maybe my prediction might be right lol.

Well discharge has slowed to pretty much nothing and really light, so I think it def was the pessaries, albeit not much fun taking the alternate route.

So many weddings :-) we are planning ours for 2015 and hopefully it will be actually legal by then, c'mon Kev get it done

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Veritas For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (29-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.
    I've been MIA for a while. I'm glad that it all looks like good news around here. My pains were just from swollen ovaries. My bloating has reduced significantly now. I have a blood test and dating scan on 4th September. We then head off to Bali on 11th for two weeks. My mum will be joining us from the UK, so I'm hoping we have some great news to announce
    My first ob appointment is on 26th, although it would have been sooner had we been in perth.
    We didn't find out with DS and won't find out this time. I had no inclination either way and don't feel that there is either a girl or boy this time. I don't even know if there's one or two! I guess I'm just not in tune with my body!
    I hope that the good news keeps on coming in here. I'll also try and keep more involved!