Closed Thread
Page 25 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wonderful news Rtkirk!! Its such a relief to hear that little heart beat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    rtkirk - woohoo on the heartbeat!

Arlais - good luck for your scan tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay rtkirk - great news!!

Luckily I made it to the bathroom just in time. Hoping my ginger tea and some crackers will help. I knew it was going to be a bad morning sickness day when I woke up incredibly hungry and reached for some lollies to quickly pick up my blood sugar. Obviously not the best thing to start the day, but I was feeling quite faint and knew I needed an instant boost! Looking forward to seeing my little blob tomorrow and knowing it's all worth it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ginger tea is a life saver, thankfully I havent puked yet maybe my daily ginger tea is doing the trick!

Feel better Arlais seeing that heartbeat makes it all worthwhile

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (26-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news rtkirk! Yay!
    Arlais - good luck for tomorrow. Only one more sleep!!!
    I will check back in later when I get my beta results.

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Good luck everyone with betas and scans on the horizon!

Can I ask, how supportive are everyone's partners are being around your nausea, sickness and general exhaustion? Mine doesn't seem to get it atm :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP is beautiful Veritas, he was gorgeous through the IVF and the OHSS and now the MS added in with flu and asthma. I feel like I have been ill for the entire year and am very frustrated and cranky at the moment, but he is still there.
    i do know how lucky I am though as my first husband was an absolute **** and always left me alone when I was unwell, the sicker I was and less able to look after myself the longer he would go away for.
    so both extremes for me.
    Maybe yours just just doesn't know what to do to help, men have that fix it thing. Often if they don't know how to FIX it then they just don't know what to do. I always tell my DP that I don't expect him to fix it, just being there and offering support is more than enough. Even then sometimes his man fix it brain makes it tough for him, but he is very open to talking and discussing things which helps...he is a rare treasure and I love him to bits.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is amazing too - but he does admit he feels a bit helpless at times, even though he has been through two pregnancies when he was married previously. I think it must be pretty tough for our partners experiencing this from the outside - especially since we don't really look pregnant just yet!

As Des said, men like to have a straightforward solution to a problem. Instead of trying to explain to him how you're feeling Veritas, you could ask him to do something for you to relieve your symptoms - e.g. "honey could you please get me a glass of lemonade, I'm feeling queasy and it really helps settle my stomach" (this helps me by the way).

If you give him a few pointers on what makes you feel better (at the time you're experiencing the symptom) you may find he'll be offering you that lemonade/cracker/mint/bag of sour lollies the next time you're looking a bit green!

If all else fails, you could always have a massive "pregnancy hormone fueled" yell at him - that oughta get his attention

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats rtkirk! I bet it felt amazing seeing the heartbeat. Let's hope I join you on April 18th this Friday after my scan.

DF is away for work at the moment so I'm hoping my morning sickness doesn't kick in now. I've been ok, just verrrry tired and a little nautious. Don't want to jinx it though

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

rtkirk  (26-08-2013)

Veritas is offline Diversity has value.... How boring would the world be if everyone was just like you...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks ladies! I wish I could play the man card but sometimes I think she has a male brain :-)

I guess it's just hard when your lives are so busy and I'm usually the one that makes sure everything gets done.