Closed Thread
Page 21 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah Genea didn't give me a EDD, I just counted on 40 weeks. ?? I'll have my scan next Friday to find out a proper date. The waiting sux, but I feel so lucky to be in the position to wait to hear a heart beat!

I'm going through RPA. We looked online for lots of options. Called our private health company and asked them about OB's that use their cover. We're with BUPA and they have an online option thing where you can search private hospitals and practitioners. We only really have been researching it this last week, it's all happened quite quickly. We looked into the birthing centre but went for the one on one midwife care as we thought the support afterwards would suit us as we don't have any family in this state. And it feels like you get the personal care without the cost! We spoke to our midwife on the phone and she sounds lovely so this option felt right for us.
    Good luck with your search orchids. It can be a bit overwhelming.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. Hoping I can join as we just got our BFP today!! TTC for 2 years and was blessed it happened on our 1st IVF cycle.. I've got 2 more blood tests over the next couple weeks to check levels and then 7 week scan with my FS on 16 Sept.. I'm so nervous as I've never been pregnant before. I just want to hear that heartbeat

Congrats to everyone on your BFP's.. Its just the best thing ever! I've calculated my due date online and its 4 May 2014..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats again Orchids.

I have a private Obgyn that I used for my first pregnancy which unfortunately ended in a m/c but he was so awesome through it that I can't imagine going another way.
    We will also go private for the birth as I don't want to share a room after the baby is born. It's just a personal choice.

Also welcome to hwaterhouse. Congrats on your BFP.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rtkirk For This Useful Post:

hwaterhouse  (24-08-2013),Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lotsathoughts - I'm going to RPA too (but with a private OB), are you an inner westie too?

Orchids - welcome & congrats I've only had two BTs this time, first pregnancy I think I had about four before my 6 week scan.

hwaterhouse - welcome and congrats to you too well deserved BFP after all those years

JJTiger - and welcome and congrats to you too! Certainly seems to be a lucky bunch of BFPs on first time IVF cycles in this group (okay I admit I'm a wee little bit jealous, took a bit longer for me, lol).

Veritas & cappy - yay for the heartbeat!

Arlais - so good your hcg levels just keep climbing

Sorry for all of you feeling 'all day' sickness. Hopefully it passes quickly.

ManchesterLass - how are you going? Is the pain better now?

AFM - no MS yet, just trucking along hoping all is okay.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HopingForMore For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (24-08-2013),Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry for my smiley face obsession, lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep I'm an inner westie too HopingFor More! RPA is nice and close so super convenient.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

HopingForMore  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lotsofthoughts How did you go about finding a midwife? The only info I can find is ones for homebirths?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Lotsofthoughts How did you go about finding a midwife? The only info I can find is ones for homebirths?
    Wish I haven't done much research on alternative options (I prefer the absolute certainty of care and medical assistance I feel an Ob will provide -personal choice) but I'm sure if you call around some of the midwives listed in Perth they will be able to point you in the right direction.

I found a website with some listings that says they do hospital support as well;

http://www.birthrites.org/providers/homebirth

From what I can understand there are still some issues around midwives having proper access to hospitals. I think technically they have to be employed at the hospital by the dept of health on a casual basis for your birth.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations JJTiger!! There's a few of us with BFPs first go (as pointed out) but still a way to go until I feel more secure in it. Welcome to the thread and pop in to tell us how you are going. Isn't it good there is a place where we can question/obsess/share without driving anyone (in 'real life') mad? I think this thread is a godsend for my friends!!!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

JJTiger  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Wish I just looked up the hospital I wanted to go to and checked out their website. They had a birth centre (with midwives) which we enquired about and whilst speaking to them they told us about the Midwifery group practice, which was fairly new at our hospital. They work with an OB and any concerns we get referred to him. It depends on whether you're classed as a low, medium or high risk birth as to whether they take you on. At this stage we're low, but they'll ask us more questions at our first meeting/tour in early October. We're booking in dates for that now. It all has happened quite quickly really. Not sure if that is very helpful, but that's how we discovered it.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (24-08-2013),Wishnhope  (24-08-2013)