Closed Thread
Page 20 of 104 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtkirk View Post
    Ah Wish I feel your pain. Is there such a thing as afternoon sickness??
    My "morning" sickness can strike at any time, day or night. I know I'm always feeling off just after I get out of the shower in the morning, then about 10am I'll have another turn, and again about 3:30pm. Then I get ravenously hungry and maybe feel sick again after dinner!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlais View Post
    My "morning" sickness can strike at any time, day or night. I know I'm always feeling off just after I get out of the shower in the morning, then about 10am I'll have another turn, and again about 3:30pm. Then I get ravenously hungry and maybe feel sick again after dinner!
    Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Mines a constantly "off feeling" all day, incredibly frustrating and nothing I do makes me feel better. At least Im not puking!! Sad that thats a positive right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with you Wish. It's all day feeling nauseous. Fruit Tingles are working for me. I'm not complaining either!

Thanks
    Reviews
    CONGRATULATIONS everyone on your BFPs!!!

We found out about our magical BFP earlier this week! Still can't believe it!!!

Clinic said we didn't need to do another beta hcg test...did anyone else do a second one?

Has anyone thought about booking into to see an obstetrician? I heard some book out fast..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Orchids, so glad you can join us :-) there are a few from the june/august cycle thread in here. When's your EDD?

With the second HCG it appears to be based on which clinic you are at, Arlais and I both got weekly checks others were told not to come back and just go the 6/7 week scan.

As for Ob's im not using one but many of the girls are and should be able to answer your questions.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wishnhope For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post

Clinic said we didn't need to do another beta hcg test...did anyone else do a second one?

Has anyone thought about booking into to see an obstetrician? I heard some book out fast..
    Welcome Orchids! Any idea what your due date would be?

I'm getting weekly follow up betas until next week (8 weeks along), but all clinics are different. There's such a vast range of "normal" betas for each week it can actually be a bit concerning if you know what your numbers are - you may be inclined to compare and worry too much!

Depending on where you're located, it can be tricky to get into your Ob of choice if you leave it too long. My clinic asked me to book into one as soon as I got my BFP so they could send them all my info as soon as I have my dating scan.

Good luck!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Orchids! My clinic gives us two HPTs then nothing until a 7 week scan. Congrats on your BFP. It's a great little group here. Very helpful!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hwaterhouse For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchids View Post

Congrats and welcome Orchids! What an excellent feeling it is. I'm still shocked and excited when thinking about it

As for bloods, I didn't do a second HCG test either. (I'm with Genea, not sure if that makes a difference.)

I've booked into seeing a midwife already, not seeing an OB. We get the same midwife the whole way through and they visit for two weeks after the birth to support with breast feeding, etc. And it's public so free!
    We're going to book into a private room with our health cover after the birth. Even with a midwife they booked out quickly so I suggest looking at your options soon. Out of 80 spots for April we got the last one. But I guess it depends on your closest hospital and what path you want to choose. Everyone has their own preferences, just look into what suits you and book soon

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Orchids  (23-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Wishnhope, Arlais, Hwaterhouse and Lotsathoughts!

I'm with Genea and they never told me the EDD.. i used a calculator online though and got 27 April. 7 week scan booked for 10 Sept. I really wish I did another beta before the scan and might try to organise one...

Wow, lotsathoughts you're really organised - thats great! If u don't mind me asking what hospital are you booked in with? Yes so many things to think about.. really like the idea of having a midwife but want to be prepared in case of complication..its all so confusing!! I really need to give my options a lot more thought!

Thanks
    Reviews
    **Roll Call - Est Due Dates**
    April
    KeriKiwi 3rd Congrats its official!!
    Arlais 6th (date scan 27th)
    Veritas 7th Congrats its official!!
    Cappy 9th Congrats its official!!
    Amps 11th Congrats its official!!
    Wishnhope 12th Congrats its official!!
    Rtkirk 18th (date scan 26th)
    Lotsofthoughts 18th (date scan 30th)
    HamptonK 20th
    LittleMissMagic 20th
    Manchesterlass 24th
    Hopingformore 25th. (Date scan 9th Sept)
    Orchids 27th (Date scan 10th Sept)
    Hwaterhouse 28th (date scan 9th Sept)