wishnhope - my first pregnancy was via natural conception and we didn't know how far along we were, my gp sent me for an u/s to find out, we did the normal one then the lady stated she couldn't see properly but could if we did an internal, when she put the probe in it hurt quite bad, afterwards the pain stayed with a small amount of spotting which she said was normal, the pain kept getting worse, I started bleeding several hours later and the pain was severe by then, I was having a miscarriage. Don't want to take the risk that might happen again. I have scarring on the outer side of my cervix from a Letz procedure I had in my early 20s for abnormal cells, I had surgery last year to correct Ashermans Syndrome affecting the inner opening of my cervix, it was nearly scarred completely shut, caused by d&c most likely. My gp and hospital dr both support my decision to not risk an internal. I desperately want to see my baby's heartbeat but I will just have to wait. There is a chance I may have another scan tomorrow when I see my ob so I may not have to wait until Monday. Sorry if tmi but I'm all for people being able to make educated choices and what better education than by real peoples experiences, good and bad.