Closed Thread
Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wishnhope - my first pregnancy was via natural conception and we didn't know how far along we were, my gp sent me for an u/s to find out, we did the normal one then the lady stated she couldn't see properly but could if we did an internal, when she put the probe in it hurt quite bad, afterwards the pain stayed with a small amount of spotting which she said was normal, the pain kept getting worse, I started bleeding several hours later and the pain was severe by then, I was having a miscarriage. Don't want to take the risk that might happen again. I have scarring on the outer side of my cervix from a Letz procedure I had in my early 20s for abnormal cells, I had surgery last year to correct Ashermans Syndrome affecting the inner opening of my cervix, it was nearly scarred completely shut, caused by d&c most likely. My gp and hospital dr both support my decision to not risk an internal. I desperately want to see my baby's heartbeat but I will just have to wait. There is a chance I may have another scan tomorrow when I see my ob so I may not have to wait until Monday. Sorry if tmi but I'm all for people being able to make educated choices and what better education than by real peoples experiences, good and bad.
    Last edited by Amps; 20-08-2013 at 18:23.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amps For This Useful Post:

LittleMissMagic  (20-08-2013),rtkirk  (20-08-2013),Wishnhope  (20-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone. Hope you don't mind me joining you. I like everyone else here lives in constant fear of something going wrong so I've taken quite a long time to get up the courage to join you in here. I've lost a few babies in the past, two this year in fact but I do have a beautiful DS who is 18 months old and I am due with this little one on the 12th of April according to my scan on Saturday where we saw a beautiful little heart beat.
    Hope you are all doing well and I look forward to getting to know you all better and hopefully sharing an uneventful 8 ish months with you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wohoo for the confirmation KeriKiwi! You must be thrilled!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Kerikiwi  (20-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amps - totally understandable why you'd want to avoid an internal given your history, hope all goes well tomorrow.

cappy - welcome and congrats on the heartbeat. Our sons are a similar age, mine's 19 months, can't wait to give him a sibling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome cappy. I wish you lots of luck with this little bub, you've had a terrible run. So glad you got to see a little heartbeat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Hello everyone. Hope you don't mind me joining you. I like everyone else here lives in constant fear of something going wrong so I've taken quite a long time to get up the courage to join you in here. I've lost a few babies in the past, two this year in fact but I do have a beautiful DS who is 18 months old and I am due with this little one on the 12th of April according to my scan on Saturday where we saw a beautiful little heart beat.
    Hope you are all doing well and I look forward to getting to know you all better and hopefully sharing an uneventful 8 ish months with you
    Congrats and Welcome Cappy!! Im due the 12th too (tentatively) I have my scan tomorrow. How far along were you on Saturday?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishnhope View Post
    Congrats and Welcome Cappy!! Im due the 12th too (tentatively) I have my scan tomorrow. How far along were you on Saturday?
    That's great Wishnhope so happy to share the due date with you. I think I was 6w3d at my scan but that's according to my cycle rather than the due date.
    Fingers will be tightly crossed for you for your scan tomorrow

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cappy For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cappy View Post
    Hi Cappy. Nice to see you over here too. Sorry about your losses but congrats again on that beautiful little heart beat. My DS is 18 months too.

It's so nice to be able to have the support of you ladies who completely understand how precious and fragile this whole journey is. Here's to an uneventful 8 months ahead of us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Wishnhope!! Thinking of you today xx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Wishnhope  (21-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    What multivitamins are you girls taking my MIL keeps telling me I need to take folate (even though I keep telling her its in the multivitamin Elevit that I take). Do I need to take a separate folate tablet as well as the elevit? Or is there a better pregnancy multivitamin out there?