+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jenjenOo View Post
    Any updates hun?

I had my IVF appointment yesterday. I'm being fast-tracked to start in 2 weeks.
    CD4 so, as long as i'm on Synarel by CD18 I should be sweet.
    Nothing much from my end to report as yet.

Final acupuncture session was on the 2nd (6 sessions only since I got a regular length AF). Tested with OPKs straight after my period as a nurse at the FS office said I o'd around CD 8 during my OI. Got a positive OPK on the 8th (CD7), however, had a double surge last month, so checked on Monday and had another positive OPK. So now I'm either 9DPO or O day today.

Just in a state of waiting!!! Argh!!!

How exciting for starting so soon!!! Please tell me everything! I would love to know what happens if I have to go down that path as well.

I really hope you get your sticky BFP first cycle!!! xxx

Me = 34, DH = 34
    TTC #1 for 2 years. OI: Sept '13: BFP (chem), Oct '13: BFN, Dec '13: BFN

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @Shrillian ,
    Any updates on your side?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jenjenOo - decided I'll see my FS again, so made an appointment for the 7th. Then remembered I didn't actually like my FS, so have found a new one and have an appointment for the 14th!

Have registered 4 surges on OPKs this month, so no idea what's going on with my body. Kind of keen to start some science to help me along!

How are you doing?

Me = 34, DH = 34

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jenjenOo - are you starting synarel tomorrow, or have you already started?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey hun!
    Sorry for the delay. I rarely check BH so, I miss a lot.

Yes, I've started Synarel (1st April, like you guessed). Things are going normally. No side effects yet but, it's only been 2 days.
    Generally, trying not to think about it.

Good luck with the 14th! I really hope you are much more comfortable and confident in this new FS. It's an absolutely pivotal part of the process and you're doing the right thing, by going with your gut.
    I think you'll at least get some answers to what is going on with those surges.

If you need any support, drop me a PM.
    Hopefully, I'll respond quicker?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

Shrillian  (02-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, just shyly introducing myself to this forum and this thread Please excuse me if I don't know all the abbreviations etc just yet, I shall try to learn!

I'm 34 (turning 35 this year) and my Husband is 26, for my entire adult life until now I have sworn I will never have children, I was never interested in having any kids in my previous marriage and was completely happy with my decision. Then, along comes amazing Husband number 2, who I decide I would like nothing more than to have a family with! He is extremely excited and very much a family orientated man (I'm quite sure most people in my life are going to go into shock when we do conceive ). I have to say, it's rather strange going from hoping desperately I'll never get pregnant, to hoping desperately that I will!

We got married at the end of December and went on a honeymoon for a month after, so I only went off the pill at the end of January. I have been having acupuncture and chinese herbs to get my hormones back in check, which has seemed to be working.

So.....we're embarking on this journey and ..... I have no idea what I'm doing! Having never wanted to have kids, I didn't bother learning much at all about fertility, TTC etc and now I'm having to learn quick smart!

Our main problem I think will be (and something I'm getting quite stressed over) my Husband currently works on a 2 week on, 1 week off roster....meaning, although we spend every second together when he's home....it certainly wont be every month that he is home at the right time, when I'm ovulating I'm trying not to get too stressed about it, but it's difficult not to.

He was home at what I think was the right time this cycle, and I have been having some strange things going on in my body over the last few days - but I'm probably just projecting hope into looking for any little symptom I guess! (and let's face it, I probably don't really even know what I'm looking for or what my body would normally be doing in the first place, having never paid much attention!)

Oh well, I thought it would be nice to talk to some other ladies who probably know a whole heap more than me and are in the same age group!

Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    Hi all, just shyly introducing myself to this forum and this thread Please excuse me if I don't know all the abbreviations etc just yet, I shall try to learn!

I'm 34 (turning 35 this year) and my Husband is 26, for my entire adult life until now I have sworn I will never have children, I was never interested in having any kids in my previous marriage and was completely happy with my decision. Then, along comes amazing Husband number 2, who I decide I would like nothing more than to have a family with! He is extremely excited and very much a family orientated man (I'm quite sure most people in my life are going to go into shock when we do conceive ). I have to say, it's rather strange going from hoping desperately I'll never get pregnant, to hoping desperately that I will!

We got married at the end of December and went on a honeymoon for a month after, so I only went off the pill at the end of January. I have been having acupuncture and chinese herbs to get my hormones back in check, which has seemed to be working.

So.....we're embarking on this journey and ..... I have no idea what I'm doing! Having never wanted to have kids, I didn't bother learning much at all about fertility, TTC etc and now I'm having to learn quick smart!

Our main problem I think will be (and something I'm getting quite stressed over) my Husband currently works on a 2 week on, 1 week off roster....meaning, although we spend every second together when he's home....it certainly wont be every month that he is home at the right time, when I'm ovulating I'm trying not to get too stressed about it, but it's difficult not to.

He was home at what I think was the right time this cycle, and I have been having some strange things going on in my body over the last few days - but I'm probably just projecting hope into looking for any little symptom I guess! (and let's face it, I probably don't really even know what I'm looking for or what my body would normally be doing in the first place, having never paid much attention!)

Oh well, I thought it would be nice to talk to some other ladies who probably know a whole heap more than me and are in the same age group!

Jen
    Welcome Jen!

I think I've posted in this thread much earlier, but just wanted to wish you luck!

I too wasn't much interested in having babies til my 30s. I'm the same age as you.

Try to not stress *too* much (easier said than done). Our DS1 was conceived after DH had been away on a (rare) work trip...and my cycles were all over the shop. We became parents last August & it's been the best thing.

I now can't wait to try for #2 later this year. Fingers, toes & everything crossed.

Best of luck to you!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Falkor For This Useful Post:

Shine03  (05-04-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome jen and best of luck with your ttc journey, I also posted much earlier in this thread. I am now 27 weeks pregnant with my first at 34, the knowlege I have gained from threads like these was very valuable for me as i had no idea and people here are very supportive. Are you tracking your cycle yet?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys

Yep, I'm tracking my cycles with an app and recording everything, moods etc to try and work out what my pattern will be

It took 6 weeks for AF to come back after stopping BCP (much better than the 6 months it took a few years ago when I went off for a short while before) so I guess this month is really my first cycle after that. I'll probably need a few months of tracking before I know what my body actually does I guess!

Glad I found this forum, I can see I'll learn a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome, Jen!

It's amazing to see how much a single person can change our way of thinking!
    Good luck with your journey!

Me = 34, DH = 34