+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 493
  1. #431
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My cycle will most likely be long again, so AF due early Mar. Acupuncture doesn't hurt. I haven't done it for fertility... yet...

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

  2. #432
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked
    2,159
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    My cycle will most likely be long again, so AF due early Mar. Acupuncture doesn't hurt. I haven't done it for fertility... yet...

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."
    Ah, I was wondering. Wishing you luck for your next cycle! x

    Thank you! I think I'm just a little freaked out by someone sticking multiple needles into me (I'm not scared of needles generally, but this is different, if you know what I mean?). I know it will be fine... But my rational side and emotional side aren't meeting as yet!

    It's at DH's usual massage place. I noticed on their menu last time he went that they did acupuncture as well, so decided I would give it a try... I figure why not - can't "hurt", right?

  3. #433
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can't even feel the acupuncture needles, as they only just pierce the skin. It doesn't hurt at all. If we end up doing IVF, I'm going to have acupuncture as well (Genea has it as part of its treatment package).

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

  4. #434
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked
    2,159
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm debating whether to change my FS. I've been seeing Dr Persson at IVF Australia. Would you recommend Genea?

  5. #435
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So far I'm impressed, but we haven't started any actual treatment yet. I have been impressed by how qyickly we've been able to get appointments though & all of the details of cost & doctors are right there on the website. Where do you live?

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

  6. #436
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked
    2,159
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in Sydney (Chatswood, to be precise).

    I'm fine with the nurses and their level of care. My FS (as I found out after I started with him - recommendation through a friend) is the Director of the clinic. Just makes me think he's too busy to care about a "low level infertility case" like me (my words, no-one else's).

    I don't know. Just have a feeling that I'm being neglected. It might just be me, but I want someone who wants me to get pregnant as much as I do. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

  7. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I'm in Sydney (Chatswood, to be precise).

    I'm fine with the nurses and their level of care. My FS (as I found out after I started with him - recommendation through a friend) is the Director of the clinic. Just makes me think he's too busy to care about a "low level infertility case" like me (my words, no-one else's).

    I don't know. Just have a feeling that I'm being neglected. It might just be me, but I want someone who wants me to get pregnant as much as I do. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
    In that case, I'd recommend Genea. Our FS definitely wants us to get pregnant. I went to one in the city, because it's easier for me to get there on my own & all of the procedures are done at Genea in the city anyway. I did hear good things about the Genea doc in Chatswood though. I'm upper NS, so Chatswood was an option, but I liked the look of the doc I chose. He also has a super-efficient assistant/receptionist. I was really nervous going in, but I felt totally at ease once I was there. Plus, if you switch to Genea maybe we can be IVF buddies?

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

  8. #438
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked
    2,159
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    In that case, I'd recommend Genea. Our FS definitely wants us to get pregnant. I went to one in the city, because it's easier for me to get there on my own & all of the procedures are done at Genea in the city anyway. I did hear good things about the Genea doc in Chatswood though. I'm upper NS, so Chatswood was an option, but I liked the look of the doc I chose. He also has a super-efficient assistant/receptionist. I was really nervous going in, but I felt totally at ease once I was there. Plus, if you switch to Genea maybe we can be IVF buddies?

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."
    I was going to the city clinic for IVFA as well (York St) which I didn't mind too much as the clinic was only 10m from Wynyard station, so easy to get to. Where in the city is Genea?

    I'm considering trying another round of OI first before seeing about next steps as first round worked but didn't stick. The next two rounds were BFNs, but I'm wondering if we didn't DTD at the right time. Mainly, I'd just like to use OPKs for one round of it to see how my cycle works (even though they do all the blood tests to monitor).

    I'll ask my FS to do one more round and if it doesn't work, I'll call Genea.

  9. #439
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,623
    Thanks
    1,600
    Thanked
    2,159
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just finished my acupuncture session. She wants me to come and have a session a week for five weeks, so I've booked it in. Here's hoping!

    She also told me to keep my navel and opposite side on my back area warm as supposedly it helps to *make* the period.

    Wondering whether to give this the 5 weeks and see if anything happens, or if I should call the FS and start induction soon... Help?!

  10. #440
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,565
    Thanks
    2,851
    Thanked
    1,254
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hmmm... it depends how impatient you are. It might be worth giving the acupuncture 5 weeks to work.

    "...dreaming of a belly full of life..."


 

Similar Threads

  1. 27 year olds trying for bub no.1 hi!! :)
    By ChannyV in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 978
    Last Post: 16-04-2013, 20:08
  2. Activities for 4 year olds
    By mumkc in forum 4 year olds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2012, 22:47
  3. Four year olds behavior?
    By mmy2b in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-09-2012, 17:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Pyjamas.com.au
With so many gorgeous brands and styles for every season, our pyjamas, nighties, robes, sleepsuits and sleeping bags are lovely for lights out and perfect for lazy days. Get 10% off first order using code bubhub. Be quick offer ends 31/12/16.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
KindyROO
KindyROO offers activities for babies & toddlers in a fun learning centre, focussing on developmental education. Classes are available at three Brisbane and two Gold Coast locations. Enrol today & help your child to reach their full potential. Visit the website to find out more.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!