+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My cycle will most likely be long again, so AF due early Mar. Acupuncture doesn't hurt. I haven't done it for fertility... yet...

"...dreaming of a belly full of life..."

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    My cycle will most likely be long again, so AF due early Mar. Acupuncture doesn't hurt. I haven't done it for fertility... yet...

Ah, I was wondering. Wishing you luck for your next cycle! x

Thank you! I think I'm just a little freaked out by someone sticking multiple needles into me (I'm not scared of needles generally, but this is different, if you know what I mean?). I know it will be fine... But my rational side and emotional side aren't meeting as yet!

It's at DH's usual massage place. I noticed on their menu last time he went that they did acupuncture as well, so decided I would give it a try... I figure why not - can't "hurt", right?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't even feel the acupuncture needles, as they only just pierce the skin. It doesn't hurt at all. If we end up doing IVF, I'm going to have acupuncture as well (Genea has it as part of its treatment package).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm debating whether to change my FS. I've been seeing Dr Persson at IVF Australia. Would you recommend Genea?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far I'm impressed, but we haven't started any actual treatment yet. I have been impressed by how qyickly we've been able to get appointments though & all of the details of cost & doctors are right there on the website. Where do you live?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Sydney (Chatswood, to be precise).

I'm fine with the nurses and their level of care. My FS (as I found out after I started with him - recommendation through a friend) is the Director of the clinic. Just makes me think he's too busy to care about a "low level infertility case" like me (my words, no-one else's).

I don't know. Just have a feeling that I'm being neglected. It might just be me, but I want someone who wants me to get pregnant as much as I do. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrillian View Post
    I'm in Sydney (Chatswood, to be precise).

I'm fine with the nurses and their level of care. My FS (as I found out after I started with him - recommendation through a friend) is the Director of the clinic. Just makes me think he's too busy to care about a "low level infertility case" like me (my words, no-one else's).

I don't know. Just have a feeling that I'm being neglected. It might just be me, but I want someone who wants me to get pregnant as much as I do. Do you get what I'm trying to say?
    In that case, I'd recommend Genea. Our FS definitely wants us to get pregnant. I went to one in the city, because it's easier for me to get there on my own & all of the procedures are done at Genea in the city anyway. I did hear good things about the Genea doc in Chatswood though. I'm upper NS, so Chatswood was an option, but I liked the look of the doc I chose. He also has a super-efficient assistant/receptionist. I was really nervous going in, but I felt totally at ease once I was there. Plus, if you switch to Genea maybe we can be IVF buddies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    In that case, I'd recommend Genea. Our FS definitely wants us to get pregnant. I went to one in the city, because it's easier for me to get there on my own & all of the procedures are done at Genea in the city anyway. I did hear good things about the Genea doc in Chatswood though. I'm upper NS, so Chatswood was an option, but I liked the look of the doc I chose. He also has a super-efficient assistant/receptionist. I was really nervous going in, but I felt totally at ease once I was there. Plus, if you switch to Genea maybe we can be IVF buddies?

I was going to the city clinic for IVFA as well (York St) which I didn't mind too much as the clinic was only 10m from Wynyard station, so easy to get to. Where in the city is Genea?

I'm considering trying another round of OI first before seeing about next steps as first round worked but didn't stick. The next two rounds were BFNs, but I'm wondering if we didn't DTD at the right time. Mainly, I'd just like to use OPKs for one round of it to see how my cycle works (even though they do all the blood tests to monitor).

I'll ask my FS to do one more round and if it doesn't work, I'll call Genea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just finished my acupuncture session. She wants me to come and have a session a week for five weeks, so I've booked it in. Here's hoping!

She also told me to keep my navel and opposite side on my back area warm as supposedly it helps to *make* the period.

Wondering whether to give this the 5 weeks and see if anything happens, or if I should call the FS and start induction soon... Help?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    hmmm... it depends how impatient you are. It might be worth giving the acupuncture 5 weeks to work.