+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by becrat79 View Post
    Long time lurker, first time poster!

Do not give up hope!! I am 34, DH is 35 & we got our this month which is our 4th cycle. I am in total shock that it happened, as I was expecting to take a lot longer than that. Our EDD is actually on our wedding anniversary!

Baby dust to all you 34 year olds
    Ooh congratulations! That is such awesome news!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Staaz For This Useful Post:

becrat79  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's only last year that I was feeling like you, OP. Everyone around us seemed to be falling pregnant & left us wondering what the heck is going on! We were 33 at the time, now both 34.

After 6 months of TTC, DH had a SA done. Came back with low morphology (3%), was told to do another analysis...not 100% what the result of 2nd test was...I think it just indicated morphology was at the 'lower range of normal' and that it might just take us a bit longer? All other counts were fine.

I had a rather short luteal phase, so took Vit B6 & Vitex from around cycle #4 or 5?

Low & behold we got our BFP on cycle #7! (Now only a few weeks away from meeting our baby!).

Just thought I'd comment in here because I really do know how you are feeling. I was frustrated, confused & trying really hard not to put life on hold...but when you are in limbo like that, it's hard not to! I had no idea of what I wanted to do workwise & was struggling to find enthusiasm for my sports/hobbies.

Wishing you all the very best & sending lots of baby dust your way. xx

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Falkor For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (16-08-2013),Joeee  (15-08-2013),Pumpkin1106  (15-08-2013),Staaz  (15-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    It's only last year that I was feeling like you, OP. Everyone around us seemed to be falling pregnant & left us wondering what the heck is going on! We were 33 at the time, now both 34.

After 6 months of TTC, DH had a SA done. Came back with low morphology (3%), was told to do another analysis...not 100% what the result of 2nd test was...I think it just indicated morphology was at the 'lower range of normal' and that it might just take us a bit longer? All other counts were fine.

I had a rather short luteal phase, so took Vit B6 & Vitex from around cycle #4 or 5?

Low & behold we got our BFP on cycle #7! (Now only a few weeks away from meeting our baby!).

Just thought I'd comment in here because I really do know how you are feeling. I was frustrated, confused & trying really hard not to put life on hold...but when you are in limbo like that, it's hard not to! I had no idea of what I wanted to do workwise & was struggling to find enthusiasm for my sports/hobbies.

Wishing you all the very best & sending lots of baby dust your way. xx
    Hi I was just wondering how you took the Vitex???

I had a mc 2 weeks ago at 8.5 weeks and it took 7 cycles of TTC, I'm 32 and DH is 33 so I'm willing try anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, just want to give you some encouragement. I was 34 last year TTC - it took 14 months. Heres all the things i can think of:

Use OPK's to track ovulation.
    Cut or reduce all of the nasties from your diet (within reason!) - alcohol, smokes, sugar, gluten (maybe?).
    Exercise
    Make sure you're both taking supplements - there are heaps for men. And consider natural remedies.

We were exercising, both on vitamins, had switched to mostly organic non processed food, were adding macca powder to smoothies, had cut down (almost out) alcohol. We're tracking cycles.

Each month we tried something new and tried to exhaust all options before IVF, and it 'finally' happened. I wish I knew what the magic trick was so that I could tell you all! Don't let your age psych you out, we're still young =)

Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post
    Hi ladies, just want to give you some encouragement. I was 34 last year TTC - it took 14 months. Heres all the things i can think of:

Cut or reduce all of the nasties from your diet (within reason!) - alcohol, smokes, sugar, gluten (maybe?).
    Exercise
    Make sure you're both taking supplements - there are heaps for men. And consider natural remedies.

We were exercising, both on vitamins, had switched to mostly organic non processed food, were adding macca powder to smoothies, had cut down (almost out) alcohol. We're tracking cycles.

Each month we tried something new and tried to exhaust all options before IVF, and it 'finally' happened. I wish I knew what the magic trick was so that I could tell you all! Don't let your age psych you out, we're still young =)

Best of luck.
    Wish I could say I wasn't already doing most of that.
    Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm finding the less I care about it (using opks, bbt, etc etc etc) the earlier I ovulate.
    So the added stress of tracking everything just doesn't seem to agree with me.
    I'm only taking megafol because preg vitamins dry up my ewcm.

Just waiting for DP to crank it up a gear with the weight loss. I already gym it 4 days a week. The cutting out drinkink...... yeah not really going to bother. IT'S MY ONLY JOY IN LIFE!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Falkor! Good to hear a positive story - gives us all hope and encouragement 😊

Congrats on your pregnancy - wishing you all the best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JungleMum View Post

Exercise

Best of luck.
    Good tips Junglemum! If only we could pinpoint the exact thing that makes the difference, hey? Oh how I wish fertility was an exact science 😀

I was doing really well with cutting out sugar & caffeine, but have slipped back in the past couple of months. Drinking is not too bad - we've cut out the weeknight "would you like a glass of wine with dinner" moments and now I only have a drink or two on weekends. Now that I'm in the TWW I will endeavour not to drink at all but it can be hard to do that without arising suspicion. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF arrived again for me today.
    What a surprise!
    Cheeers!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boo to that Jen Jen x

Thanks