+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First timer forum - 10mth TTC - almost 34....

Hi all, I've not done the forum thing before......but after 10 months TTC (seems minor compared to some of the stories I've read here), being aware of my age (almost 34), having 9 pregnancies announced from our close friends and family in this 10 months (my jaw is killing me from smiling FOR them)....and just confirmed AF this evening....feeling a bit fragile...to say the least. Hubby is supportive and very clucky, but I think we're both nervous about making those first appointments....is GP the first step? I see a lot of acronyms here about various checks. Any suggestions/advice about the next step?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome CRJR

I guess it's a personal thing to decide when to ask for help. In my case the first thing I did before TTC was to have a blood check for GP to make sure everything was ok (hormone levels etc) and that immunisations are up to date. Then after about 6 months with no luck I had my AMH levels checked (egg reserves) and DH a sperm analysis. Last month I went back to the GP and got a referral to a fertility clinic. Appointment is on 29 August.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I've been a silent follower on Bub Hub for some time now but finally registered so that I could respond to this post.

I am 35 next month. DH is 38. We TTC for 12 months before getting a referral to a FS. Following a battery of tests we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility and scheduled to commence IVF in May.

One pre-IVF holiday to Bali later, we picked up all our IVF drugs and waited for AF to start. And waited... And waited...

We are now very excited to be 13+4 weeks UTD with our first after 18 months TTC.

Just wanted to let you all know not to give up hope. Wishing you all the best with your TTC journey!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sablier For This Useful Post:

jenjenOo  (07-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to say that I started acupuncture for fertility 2 months before we got our BFP. I can't say for sure that it was the acupuncture that did it but I'd definitely say its worth a shot!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sablier For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sablier. I have been going to a naturopath so acupuncture was going to be my next move

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's fantastic news!
    Congratulations!

I have a question for you; if my DP has crappy swimmers would acupuncture still help me? There is no way he'd have time for an appointment..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Sablier! That must have been the most wonderful surprise!

I'm so glad it's not just me worrying about all these things! Although not glad that others are worrying, but you get my drift lol.

I've just been through the putting my life in hold stage and I'm not doing that any more! I'm running again, although I won't be planning any half marathons just yet! I've also just started some part-time study - it's a very good distraction.

I was tossing up whether to enter Run Melbourne a few months ago (back when I was sure I'd fall preggers real soon!) and my sister said "just do it - if you're not pregnant it'll be a good thing to focus on, and if you are you won't mind having "wasted" the entry fee!" So that's my philosophy now.
    Last edited by Staaz; 12-12-2013 at 21:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Starsoid does your husband carry out acupuncture on you?

I went to get a tarot reading today and the lady got some stuff spot on. I was blown away. She said she sees a daughter for us very soon followed by a son so I hope she was right with this stuff too...!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also seeing a naturopath Starsoid, have been since February. I am taking rehmannia (sp?), thyroid support tablets (I have thyroid anti-bodies), some kind of tissue regeneration pill, fish oil and vitamin D. She also recommended castor oil packs which I have been doing off and on.

With a bit of luck we will all get our BFP's soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoid View Post
    Has she given you the gross tasting herbs? Mine has! They really are foul. But hopefully doing me good!

I'm on fish oil & vitamin D as well, also co-Q 10, a pregnancy multi vitamin, minerals & the gross herbs. I think there's vitex, ginger and some others that I can't remember in that. Fingers crossed it all works soon!!

What are the castor oil packs? I haven't heard of them before.

No foul tasting herbs although some of my tablets stink!

The castor oil packs are so relaxing... You need a bottle of organic castor oil (you can get it from the health food shop), a face washer or similar (I bought some baby face washers from target) and a hot water bottle. Get an oven proof dish and put the face washer in it and pour some castor oil over the face washer, put it in the oven and heat it until it's warm. Then place the face washer over your abdomen directly on to your skin, I then cover this with muslin wrap round me, place a hot water bottle on top followed by a towel and lie with it on for 30-40 mins or so. The castor oil is meant to penetrate your skin and clear up and blockages or scar tissue you may have. Once I am done I save the face washer in a Glad bag or wrap them next time you can just add a little bit more oil. Much more economical as I think the oil is around $30 for 500mils. The packs should only be done once AF is completely finished until start of O. Every other day.