+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 34 year olds TTC

Hi ladies, any other 34 year olds out there TTC? How are you finding it? We've been TTC for just over 6 months now and it's strange being just this side of "the big 35" (well that's how it seems in TTC terms anyway!).

Everyone says that it can take up to 12 months for a normal couple, blah blah, but then they also say if you're over 35 then you should start getting checked out after 6 months of TTC. I feel like I'm stuck in the middle! What to do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi I am 34 (turned 34 in July) and this will be our first month TTC so I don't really know yet how long it will take for me. I spoke to my doc though and she said if I wasn't pregnant in 6 months to come back and not to wait the full year. I hope it happens for you soon

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

Staaz  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also 34 and TTC #1.
    Unfortunately, after 7 cycles we've been told DPs swimmers aren't the best and it's going to 'a lot harder' to fall naturally.
    Funnily enough, not to do with MY age!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

Staaz  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Joeee and Jenjen. Thanks for your replies. I think it's time for us to start ruling things out - I don't want to wait another 6 months and then find out there was something we could have done now that we didn't, iykwim?

DH has got a referral for an SA, but I have a little feeling that he might just be putting that off a little! Definitely not something I'm going to hassle him about.

It's weird. On the one hand, we've really got plenty of time, still, but at the same time I'm really feeling this sense of urgency and hoping that I haven't left all this too late. I hate biological clocks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoid View Post
    Oh and so sorry to hear about your DH swimmers, Jenjen. 😞 What's the next step for you guys, now?
    Hey hun!
    I can definately understand that feeling of urgency. And everyone says we have plenty of time but, I want two kids if possible!

Thx for your concern. His issue is morphology. He's medically obese and doesn't exercise at all. So the first step is steps toward a healthy lifestyle.
    He doesn't look obese... he just looks broad but carries a few health issues so, this is a good start.
    He's just spoken to his mate, he starts back at the gym next week!

Good luck with your tests. Definitely get them done. Then you know what you're dealing with. Regardless of how calm toy are to start, if ttc starts to drag indirect blame starts. You might blame yourself or indirectly indicate to DH one day that it could be him and it just isn't productive.
    At least whatever it is (if anything) you can tackle it together as a team.

Ps: don't let DH sit on the test toooo long.
    Some referrals for SA only last a week or two (we got called by the Pathology lab wondering where the sample was!)

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel the exact same like I need to be UTD asap and like I've left it all too late and we haven't even started TTC yet. Good luck to the both of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hope you don't mind me joining - not technically 34 yet but will be soon....

DH (38) and I are now about to start cycle 10 TTC, just waiting on AF to show. For the first time ever I had a mini melt down yesterday when I found out two friends were pregnant. I am happy for them but sad for us It seems that everyone around us seems to find TTC so straight forward.

I have had my AMH reserves checked and all good there. DH did a SA a few months back an there didn't seem to be any issues. We have a referral for a FS on 29 August and I was so looking forward to - finally felt like we were going a step in the right direction. After yesterday though I just feel like giving up. Fed up living my life in two week cycles - anyone else feel this way? I have been taking a stack of vitamins and some stuff for the naturopath and I can't even find the enthusiasm to carry on with that.

I know that on the grand scale of things 10 months isn't that long and many people have a much harder journey. Just having a bit of a pity party really...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurs View Post
    Hi hope you don't mind me joining - not technically 34 yet but will be soon....

DH (38) and I are now about to start cycle 10 TTC, just waiting on AF to show. For the first time ever I had a mini melt down yesterday when I found out two friends were pregnant. I am happy for them but sad for us It seems that everyone around us seems to find TTC so straight forward.

I have had my AMH reserves checked and all good there. DH did a SA a few months back an there didn't seem to be any issues. We have a referral for a FS on 29 August and I was so looking forward to - finally felt like we were going a step in the right direction. After yesterday though I just feel like giving up. Fed up living my life in two week cycles - anyone else feel this way? I have been taking a stack of vitamins and some stuff for the naturopath and I can't even find the enthusiasm to carry on with that.

I know that on the grand scale of things 10 months isn't that long and many people have a much harder journey. Just having a bit of a pity party really...
    This I can relate to.
    I've gone as far as going back to the gym and not holding back.
    I was backing off my running for a while in fear I was affecting things or increasing risk but, now..
    Over changing everything for ttc!!
    So I'm not going to anymore!

I really hope you ladies go well.
    I want to hear some good things coming up for us 'old gals'.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Jenjen sucks to be "old" eh?!

Good on you for getting back to the running. I have been going to the gym every day too after slacking off for a good few months.

Sometime I just want to put this TTC business in to the too hard basket and move on - plan holidays, trip etc for the future without thinking "what if". I even at one point was stopping buying new clothes as I kept telling myself it was a waste of money as soon they wouldn't fit me! If only...

Good luck to all of us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurs View Post
    Yeah Jenjen sucks to be "old" eh?!

Good on you for getting back to the running. I have been going to the gym every day too after slacking off for a good few months.

Sometime I just want to put this TTC business in to the too hard basket and move on - plan holidays, trip etc for the future without thinking "what if". I even at one point was stopping buying new clothes as I kept telling myself it was a waste of money as soon they wouldn't fit me! If only...

Good luck to all of us
    Plan your holiday!
    I'm heading to Europe next month. If you fall, you fall. You can always push the holiday back to fall in second trimester. Don't put your life on hold! Big hugs! !!!!!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jenjenOo For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (06-08-2013)