+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Neither, I go and see a myotherapist, I find it helps much more than either chiro or physio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP, I would suggest going to both and seeing which one you think 'works' for you.

I have always gone to the Physiotherapist for my neck, but my DH would always tell me to go to a Chiropractor, but being sceptical and a little nervous at thr thought of all that cracking/twisting etc, I didn't want them to 'break my neck'!
    Anyway, I finally gave in and went to a Chiro when I was pregnant and it worked a treat for the pregnancy related ailments I had, however I prefer to go to the Physio for my neck as I like that Physio gives you 'homework' and specific exercises and stretches related to your ailment that you can do at home in between follow up visits. I am still doing stretches I learnt from a Physio over 15 years ago!

Thanks
    Reviews
    After fracturing my spine, sternum and tailbone as a passenger in a car accident, I was left with constant discomfort. After many years of trying different chiro's, physio's and acupuncturists I finally found a chiro in moorooka qld that bought me relief. Although I needed monthly visits. I did this for many years before coming across a lady called Valerie King. She does all sorts of massage, hyperton-x and other natural treatments. More in line with traditional healings. I thought it was all a bit of goobeldegook, but thought it couldn't hurt to try. Turns out she amazing!!! I've been Chiro free for 8 months, and see her only once every 6 months. My back doesn't ache, my ribs don't move and she gives you tips to help keep your core strength etc. she's changed my life for the better.

so in answer to your question, try both, but don't be settled on having only two options. There is many others out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say neither and go to an osteopath - the best of both worlds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In my experience, neither. I also have neck pain & have had for many years. Chiro, physio & osteo basically helped for a day or two & then the pain came back - I tried many different places & had the same results every time. I had it for ten years & didn't have much relief from those treatments.

One day I decided to give accupuncture a go - went four times & haven't been back for the last six months. It did what physio, chiro & osteo couldn't do & actually fixed my problem. Now I just have maintainence massages every couple of weeks & that's it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok so it's really mixed.. Still haven't made an appointment anywhere. Was then thinking remedial massage..
    I might just book physio to start. I think I won't need to keep going back there but I do know my local chiro wants weekly appointments.. I don't want to have to spend so much at the moment..
    Thanks for all your recommendations. Will also look into the osteo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband has back pain and swears by Bowen Therapy - a lot of professional sports players use it successfully.