+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Chiro vs physio

Do you go to either? What do they do for you and do you think they are worth or for soreness/stiffness and which is better???
    I often maybe 3 times a year strain the same part of my neck when I sleep and it shoots down my shoulder blade.. I'm over it!!!! So I want to do something about it this time. Usually I just wait and it will go after dh massages it really hard for a few days.
    So can anyone help with what would be better? Would love to hear your experiences with both.
    Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    For your "injury" I would say physio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Physio. I often go to physio for neck problems.

Regular remedial massage can be good too.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love my chiro!

Would not have made it through my twin pregnancy without her. Even after the birth my body recovered quicker with regular treatment!

After going from being adjusted as needed to being on a weekly care plan I can totally vouch for the improvement in my body.

I've never been to physio though so no help there ... Sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to my physio all of last year for my back pain and felt great for one day then crap the day after! Switched the chiro never looked back.

I just felt that something had to be pushed in and she looked at me and said my hips were out of alignment which I have noticed! I thought it was me being OCD! I love my chiro and I too have a weekly care plan

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    I regret going to a chiro because I feel like he messed up my back. Even now i have to crack my back a lot to feel comfortable. Never had to do that before i saw a chiro. I went back to physio after that and find that they are much more help to treat the cause along with the symptoms. Whereas I found the chiro just treated the symptoms which requires you to continually go back. You have to find what works for you though. This is what works for me!
    I think the challenge is finding a fantastic physio. If you are in Brisbane I can recommend an excellent practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Physio gets my vote. I used to get neck spasms, was really painful, couldn't turn my head.

Physio once a week for 3 weeks and she gave me some stretches to do daily (which I did initially but did get a bit slack after the 1st week).

I put up with the pain for a couple of years before I saw a physio, haven't had the neck spasm or pain since. Wish I had gone sooner!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evidence shows chirp is only effective for low level back pain, and only as much as massage or heat packs. I would go with physio.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would recommend seeing a physiotherapist. Personally I would stay far away from chiropractors, I'd even go so far as to say they practice quackery. I'd recommend researching chiropractic before parting with any money.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Euphrosyne For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had back and neck problems most of my life and its been made worse by several bad car accidents a few years back resulting in some nasty whiplash. I always saw a chiro growing up and he picked up my spine is slightly twisted so that doesn't help. I have had migraines since I was 8years old too.
    I started seeing a Physio for my neck a couple of years ago and yes it helped but I was still getting them. I woke up one day a year ago and couldn't move my neck at all so I gave in to my mum and went to see a chiro and I haven't looked back!!! Yes I have lots of lower back problems but my neck is heaps better too and she's recommended me to a remedial massage therapist too and I've gone from having 3migraines a week to maybe 2 a month!!! (Which I think are hormonal anyways)
    I think they both have their place and its a matter of finding a good one if you're in Brisbane I can recommend them my chiro even specializes in pregnant women and babies. My husband is very skeptical but I'm the one who's felt the results.