Closed Thread
Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
Results 411 to 420 of 911
  1. #411
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Hope you have better luck tonight Trio.

    I may have mentioned to DH that his car would have to go if we couldn't have any more children (it has more seats and cost a packet) - he turned rather immature at this point, which was disappointing.

    What would you ladies do? - Would you go back and see the specialists you've been seeing one more time, or would you ditch them and move on? There's not much choice where we live and we are already seeing some of the best in town, so our only other choice would be Dr Matthais in Sydney. It just doesn't seem to make sense why we were able to have children, but now have had 3mc in a row. Do blood-clotting disorders get worse as you age, causing more difficulties? Or does my low bp just make it worse? Has my body built up a resistance and trying to reject the babies? I know they're not implanting properly as I haven't had proper ms or the need to wee in the middle of the night like I did with the others. After poor attachment they then seem to detach more as they grow, causing haematoma and then finally are unable to get any supply at all. I have so many questions but no one is able to answer them for me.
    Little Ted - it's so hard to say.......how long have you been seeing your specialists? And "best in town" - by who's measure? Would it be a realistic option for you to travel to Sydney? And if you saw the same specialist you've been using and had another loss, how would you feel?

    There's a lot to consider - take some time and be gentle with yourself and DH. Maybe you could do a phone consult with Dr Mathias (if that option exists!) and see what he thinks?

    x

  2. #412
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,308
    Thanks
    3,424
    Thanked
    1,831
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littleduck View Post
    Little Ted - it's so hard to say.......how long have you been seeing your specialists? And "best in town" - by who's measure? Would it be a realistic option for you to travel to Sydney? And if you saw the same specialist you've been using and had another loss, how would you feel?

    There's a lot to consider - take some time and be gentle with yourself and DH. Maybe you could do a phone consult with Dr Mathias (if that option exists!) and see what he thinks?

    x
    Travel to Sydney would be difficult. Phone consult would be okay and is possible.
    Our fs we've been seeing for 6.5 years as he helped us to conceive our first. I said he is "some" of the best - THE best, would be a bit of a claim! (Said with light-hearted tone -bit hard to convey in text I know). I know many of the other professionals we have been seeing think quite highly of him.

    I think we have decided to meet with both of the specialists we were seeing and see what they have to say and then decide on what to do. Have got papers coming up from Dr M just in case.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

    littleduck  (03-09-2013)

  4. #413
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,005
    Thanks
    871
    Thanked
    829
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    My nan passed away today. She fought hard & surprised us all.
    She is at peace now & back with her true love after a long time apart <3
    I know she will make sure all the BH angel bubs are doing ok up there x
    So sorry for your loss Calstar. Big hugs xx

  5. #414
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    553
    Thanks
    504
    Thanked
    232
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Calstar, so sorry to hear about your nan no doubt she's having a big catch up with everyone she loves out there. Lots of hugs and thoughts are with you xx I miss my nan incredibly so know the feeling

    Little Ted, so glad you'll have the opportunity to bury your bub and say goodbye. My heart is breaking for you xx hopefully your specialists can find some more concrete answers for you and find a way of helping you to hang onto the next bub.

    Wow Nomie, sounds like your colleague wasn't planning on that bub! Funny how it works like that

    Sjk, sounds like things are going well, when are you due?

    I think my ms is finally easing off thank goodness. Starting to get a bit nervous about my nt scan in 3 weeks. Hoping bub continues to be sticky

  6. #415
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,276
    Thanks
    715
    Thanked
    1,109
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    My nan passed away today. She fought hard & surprised us all.
    She is at peace now & back with her true love after a long time apart <3
    I know she will make sure all the BH angel bubs are doing ok up there x
    So sorry to hear Calstar, she can now be your guardian angel and watch over you along with all the other angels.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjk View Post
    So I got my blood work back today and my levels at 4 weeks 4 days were 1200 and yesterday at 5 weeks 3 days were 9500 so have definitely doubled but they don't seem too high do they? Dating scan next Thursday.
    Good luck next Thursday, can't help on the bloods my GP wouldn't even do tests but have seen the bubba along with the heartbeat so just hope it keeps plodding along.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    Last night the little hat went on. Damn. But this is a step in the right direction, so it's okay. I don't think I am supposed to o till thurs or Friday so it could still happen. Fighting with myself no to pee on an opk. I just wish I knew where I was a with more certainty than a best guesstimate.
    Atleast you are getting back to being intimate with DH hopefully not too long before you are able to ttc again, just take things each day as it comes with DH and his anxiety and hopefully he will come to the decision soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Hope you have better luck tonight Trio.

    I may have mentioned to DH that his car would have to go if we couldn't have any more children (it has more seats and cost a packet) - he turned rather immature at this point, which was disappointing.

    What would you ladies do? - Would you go back and see the specialists you've been seeing one more time, or would you ditch them and move on? There's not much choice where we live and we are already seeing some of the best in town, so our only other choice would be Dr Matthais in Sydney. It just doesn't seem to make sense why we were able to have children, but now have had 3mc in a row. Do blood-clotting disorders get worse as you age, causing more difficulties? Or does my low bp just make it worse? Has my body built up a resistance and trying to reject the babies? I know they're not implanting properly as I haven't had proper ms or the need to wee in the middle of the night like I did with the others. After poor attachment they then seem to detach more as they grow, causing haematoma and then finally are unable to get any supply at all. I have so many questions but no one is able to answer them for me.
    Its so hard to make the decision to see somebody else and form a trust in them but also hard when you had trust in both of the specialists you had already been seeing and still not getting the end result you hoped for which was a live baby. Couldn't hurt to go back and see your current specialist and if all else fails and you get no other helpful information wouldn't hurt to branch out and see the new Dr. Take care of yourself Little Ted and your active little ones.

  7. #416
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    TAS
    Posts
    1,192
    Thanks
    454
    Thanked
    783
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for the lack of personals but I just did an OPK for the sake of it and it's pretty much positive. ??
    Surely that wouldn't be left over pregnancy hormones affecting the result?

  8. #417
    AdornedWithCats's Avatar
    AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    7,815
    Thanks
    6,775
    Thanked
    3,407
    Reviews
    17
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomie View Post
    Sorry for the lack of personals but I just did an OPK for the sake of it and it's pretty much positive. ??
    Surely that wouldn't be left over pregnancy hormones affecting the result?
    Could be a number of things...how long since you had your m/c?

    Could be: ovulation, leftover preg hormones or new preg hormones. You could try a hpt, that would rule out ovulation & if you did a couple of hpt over a few days that might indicate whether your hcg levels are falling or rising.

    Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #418
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The New England
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked
    441
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Little ted I wish I could answer your questions. If I was you I would give the phone consult a try. He might be able to give you some more answers, and then you would have more information to help you make your decisions. I think too you should give yourself a little time too. I know how hard that is when you want something so bad!
    Are you sleeping well at night?

  10. #419
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The New England
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked
    441
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nomie, I was terrible yesterday and did a opk. It was either coming up to positive or on the way down. I deffinantly don't think it was preg hormone. When I had the blood tests to confirm the miscarriage the doctor said that the levels were very low then.
    I'd do what blotched suggested, especially the hpt, what if your light period was implantation?

  11. #420
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    The New England
    Posts
    1,199
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked
    441
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE=wobblermummy;7426625]

    Atleast you are getting back to being intimate with DH hopefully not too long before you are able to ttc again, just take things each day as it comes with DH and his anxiety and hopefully he will come to the decision soon.

    Good to see you wobbler! I'm getting this patience thing down to a fine art! How long have I been in this thread now! Lol! But yeah. And I really don't want to conceive just to have him fall apart, that would be heartbreaking for all. It has too be his decision.


 

Similar Threads

  1. 2013... The year of BFP's ... #4
    By wobblermummy in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1021
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 21:36
  2. 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #3
    By Disney in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 830
    Last Post: 09-06-2013, 17:40
  3. 2013 ... the year of BFP's ... #2
    By Cantwaitforabubba in forum Conception & Fertility General Chat
    Replies: 1280
    Last Post: 13-04-2013, 21:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!