Closed Thread
Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    So very worried about my dh. He has been having panic attacks, firstly at night, then all night, now while at work. I really want him to speak to a doctor but he won't. He says he knows what the problem is, it's that he is under way to much stress at work. Like majorly stressed out, with his bosses telling him to just work harder. He doesn't talk much when he gets home, he zones out on the lounge in front of the tv, he got upset when DS bumped his head on the lounge. It's been like that on and off but this time it just seems so much worse. I try to give him cuddles, tell him that I love him, ask him if I can do anything, I just feel so helpless. We both know the signs of anxiety and depression so well, I had Pnd and he was there, he had depression before he met me. So scared. I just want my beautiful husband back. Why won't he just have a little chat with the doctor? For me and DS?
    Sorry to hear about your DH, I think this is males. Hope he is able to get some help to deal with this and be able to work out some strategies to deal with stress a little better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also had experience with panic attacks, I think for me it was a number of different things that lead to me having them......eventually my Dr suggested a book called "Change your Thinking" that dealt with CBT or cognitive behaviour training (basically teaching your brain to respond differently to situations instead of relying on old patterns) - loved it and it really helped me.

My bil was in a similar situation to your DH, I think he took some time off work....I'm not sure of the specifics of how he dealt with it though, and it could be (especially if your DH's boss has already told him to "work harder") that its not an environment that would support that kind of admission.......

Keep us posted xx

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Funchu View Post
    Hugs Trio. I've had anxiety & depression issues too & always refuse to go to the Dr. DH tells me he feels helpless when it happens. I'm just too stubborn to get help (with anything! ). I think you're doing the best thing by just being there for him & it's good that he knows he is suffering & what's causing it. Can he talk to his boss about the stress? or take some leave?
    Wow...I'm the same. Can't believe so many of us have anxiety and/or depression issues. My DH is quite good about it all (he's pretty experienced with it) and wouldn't force me to go see a Dr if I don't want to (which I don't)!

Early last year I was quite depressed, its really hard to help yourself when you're stuck in the middle of it all (the same goes for anxiety)...I did a survey/trial at the time with i think it was with the black dog institute...you could do online modules thinking about how you react to say, stress or problem solving and it got you to think about other ways of dealing with problems more productively (& develop better habits etc). I know think that my anxiety, particularly if its prolonged by unresolved issues, it seems to trigger depression or at least contribute to it.

Another not so pleasant symptom of pregnancy so far seems to be increased anxiety about everything. But trying to get on top of it now...its easier to deal with now I can recognise it (& accept it) and realise most of its unfounded.

Eta: like littleduck I've found cbt quite useful/helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you're onto something there blotched - culminating unresolved issues tends to make things worse. Perhaps write a list of the things that are bothering your DH at the moment trio - are there any that can be reasonably resolved?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (13-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had baby related dreams 2 nights running...
    My mind is probably toying with me but last nights was very warm & fuzzy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Calstar For This Useful Post:

cmwtc2012  (14-08-2013),Funchu  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Calstar View Post
    I've had baby related dreams 2 nights running...
    My mind is probably toying with me but last nights was very warm & fuzzy
    I'm hoping it means a baby on the way and not just you cosying into DH's back hair

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

Funchu  (14-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trio, with everything that has happened to yourself and your DH lately, I can imagine the extra stress at his work would be adding to his anxieties. I hope things start to improve soon. Seems like the ladies here are always full of great advice.

Calstar, I had baby dreams when I was pregnant before I got my BFP! Hope it is the same for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for all your help and advice. We had to take DS to the dentist today for his chipped tooth. He is going to need a general anaesthetic to get it fixed. He was so brave at the dentist he really made me proud, he opened his mouth really wide, and let her put a mirror in there. Just like peppa pig did!
    Dh had to drive us to the appointment but waited in the car. Usually he would be there too, but I guess he's just not up to it. I really wanted him there to ask questions and listen to what she says too because it is hard to wrangle a kid and listen at the same time.
    I am definaby going to make an appointment with my doctor, so many things I need to talk to him about. And he is an anaesthesiologist too so I can ask about risks. This is just so scary. We need a break, but won't get one till Christmas.

Little ted, I am sure to was just too early, I really hope the next two weeks till your scan fly by.

Calstar, I dreamt I had twins a few nights ago, I wish it was real.

I know Ttc is off for me. I know I can't throw that into the mix too. But yet I have this stupid glimmer of hope that maybe, if dh sees a doctor or quits his job we can still have a baby this time next year. I just have to let it go. But how when it's the one thing you think about and crave all the time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Will be thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littleduck View Post
    I've also had experience with panic attacks, I think for me it was a number of different things that lead to me having them......eventually my Dr suggested a book called "Change your Thinking" that dealt with CBT or cognitive behaviour training (basically teaching your brain to respond differently to situations instead of relying on old patterns) - loved it and it really helped me.

My bil was in a similar situation to your DH, I think he took some time off work....I'm not sure of the specifics of how he dealt with it though, and it could be (especially if your DH's boss has already told him to "work harder") that its not an environment that would support that kind of admission.......

Keep us posted xx
    Thanks for this kind of feedback on CBT.
    I've had depression, PTS and OCD.
    The anxiety and OCD never fully leave you but it can get manageable.

I've always wanted to try these courses.
    Where are you located? Anywhere in particular you recommend? (You can pm me if that's more appropriate).

Very good info

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app