+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Talking Spin off - Great fathers' day ideas, gifts and outings

Okay ladies, I just saw a thread for ideas for first fathers' day ideas. Thought I might start up a general one for everyone to share their ideas as it's only about a month or so away and it's a little sneaky sneaky.

We usually have a cooked breakfast and sometimes a picnic lunch, but haven't thought about gifts just yet. Doesn't have to be big or flashy. Just something that DH would appreciate. Or could give the gift a miss and go for a nice outing instead. Just something to make the day special and so that he knows we appreciate what he does.

I think the last couple of years he has got a massage and a coffee grinder, can't remember past that!

Ideas can be for all types of other halves, grandfathers, uncles...

Outing/Occasion Ideas:
    * Picnic lunch/afternoon tea
    * Bush walk
    * Cooked breakfast

Gift Ideas:
    * coffee / grinder / machine / coffee mugs
    * massage
    * treasure hunt with clues
    * hand made card (with or without art/handprints from chn, accordian style suggestion below)
    * canvas
    * personalised photo card
    * wine
    * gourmet foods
    * homemade photo book
    * photos/photo frame
    * wallet, belt, socks, jocks
    Last edited by Little Ted; 06-08-2013 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We go to the Re Store which is an Italian gourmet shop which has the most divine food. DH can choose anything he wants, any type of wine, olives, cheese etc, pasta for dinner ... then we go to somewhere scenic and have a nibbles picnic (one year it was on our letterbox watching the park across the road). The wine selection is beyond belief, and wine being his passion we leave him in there for an hour or so, he loves it. It's like a playground for dads.

He has every gadget known to man, so buying 'stuff' is a waste on him. DD will make a card and suggest something small, she's surprisingly good at ideas.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I get DS to make a card. Last year I traced his hands and cut them out then folded paper accordian style in between which said I love you this much when you opened the hands out.

I usually only do something small because I get annoyed that he doesn't put effort in for Mother's day.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A book. Homemade. Paste photos with captions ie 'daddy and I at the park' and a little message from the child/ren.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingchipmunk For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I have taken the kids to a local park and take photo's of them just playing together. Than framed it for dh, he loved the natural look of them.

Last year ds2 did hand prints in bright colours all over a white shirt at preschool. Dh wore it to church and everyone loved that he was happy wearing it. He often wears when he is working in the yard.

He often gets a wallet or a belt and of course the socks and jocks

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoles View Post
    I get DS to make a card. Last year I traced his hands and cut them out then folded paper accordian style in between which said I love you this much when you opened the hands out.

I usually only do something small because I get annoyed that he doesn't put effort in for Mother's day.

I'm so stealing your accordion hand card idea! Love it!

Every year I do up a photo frame for dh I print photos of special moments between him and the girls, include hand prints, that kind of thing. And dd1 draws on a card for him. I also buy him a few gifts, little things as well as boxers, socks, nothing terribly expensive. And I try to leave him to rest all day if I can.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd dearly love to give now exDH what he truly deserves, a knuckle sandwich....

Instead, I'm buying a white ready to hang canvas frame from the Reject Shop with some bright paints. I'll use the paint to get DS1 and DS2's handprint and write 'Fathers Day 2013' at the bottom.

They aren't old enough to understand yet (23 & 5mths) so I'm not spending a lot on their behalf this year. This is still at least sentimental.

I've also ordered a personalised card from snapfish, with a collage of pics of the boys together on the front cover.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (06-08-2013),LoCo  (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing was just googling this I am so out of ideas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    I'd dearly love to give now exDH what he truly deserves, a knuckle sandwich....

Instead, I'm buying a white ready to hang canvas frame from the Reject Shop with some bright paints. I'll use the paint to get DS1 and DS2's handprint and write 'Fathers Day 2013' at the bottom.

They aren't old enough to understand yet (23 & 5mths) so I'm not spending a lot on their behalf this year. This is still at least sentimental.

I've also ordered a personalised card from snapfish, with a collage of pics of the boys together on the front cover.
    This is so lovely of you.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

16. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Pesca77  (05-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I'm so stealing your accordion hand card idea! Love it!

Every year I do up a photo frame for dh I print photos of special moments between him and the girls, include hand prints, that kind of thing. And dd1 draws on a card for him. I also buy him a few gifts, little things as well as boxers, socks, nothing terribly expensive. And I try to leave him to rest all day if I can.
    It's not really my idea so I can't take credit. I saw it online