+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I havnt had a bub yet this is my first, 34+4 but I have out on birth plan I want an epi straight up, im also very anxious person and not good with pain....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My midwife convinced me to have peth as she was adamant I was going to be in labour for ages and ages and needed to rest. It did help me sleep between contractions (30 second naps) but also made me feel OFF my face. I didn't like it at all and I felt like I wasn't 100% 'there' for the birth. DD was born only 2.5 hours later and didn't latch on for over 12 hours. I wouldn't touch the stuff again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't like peth.

It made me feel very 'out of it', very unable to stay focused and in control,

I had an epi but that's not the solution for everyone.
    The best thing about it was that after a long leadup I was able to rest before having to push. But I didn't enjoy not being able to feel my legs and that bothered me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had pethadine. Was terrible, I lost control of my labour. I was whingey and felt totally out of it and like a two year old, I refused to push! Gas and air was also crappy, made me feel drowsy and drunk. No drugs next time, I got almost fully dilated without anything (I presented at 7cm, was at home before that), so I'm sure I'd be better off au naturale!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used gas then asked for a epi, got a epi and 20 min later bub was born! So sort of feel ripped off that I was in agony 5 hrs prior and had no pain relief as stupid nurses kept telling me not to go in! Thank goodness we did as she was born a hr after we arrived! Epi was great but didn't get to totally enjoy the birth as much as I wanted too, even though after I had it the pain eventually went I still was in pain prior and wished I had it earlier. I would definitely get one again though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had peth around 1.5 hours before DS was born. Found it made me sleepy and calm to the point I was napping through transition (no epi or anything) so I liked it did what I needed it to do and DS was born with no breathing troubles. Don't think that there was any extra monitoring? A midwife was always in and out but I was in my own little world

Edited to add: no bf issues latched on right away

Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by Giggle; 26-10-2013 at 20:46.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG pethindine + leaning over an exercise ball in the shower + gas + hot water over my back .... and for the most part labour was ok (it was actually really relaxing in between contractions!). It seems it is so different for everyone but I decided to try it before having an epidural and it really worked for me. If I ever have any more I will try this again - it felt like I had found the perfect combination! (Lucky maybe)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had morphine which I found done nothing for the pain however is did calm me down. Eventually I had an epidural. I also found the bath very calming also!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had peth both times a snitch tunes I napped for a little after it. Once I woke I pushed the baby out. Dd was fine ds wasn't breathing but he was huge and got stuck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deleted. Dint feel it would be helpful to the op. Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by MonkeySeeMonkeyDo; 26-10-2013 at 22:21.