+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What's wrong with me??

So just recently I feel like I've lost my mojo. Every now and again I feel like I don't want to face even the smallest task. I'm someone who was diagnosed with GAD over 3 years ago and I was on meds for 6 months. So it's been about 3 years since I've been on medication.

I used to be amazing with organisation (still am when I'm on my game). I was good with eating healthy & ex eroding. My house was spotless - all the time. I slept well and was motivated to do anything.

Now I'm finding I really lack the motivation. I can watch TV and just slop about even when there are jobs to be done. I rarely exercise & I feel like I need a caffeine boost about 50 times a day!!!! Plus I don't care about my appearance like I did before.

The only thing that has changed (apart from moving but that was a few months ago now) is that I stopped taking the pill. Any suggestions??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hugs TBM - I don't know what GAD is sorry?

Could it just be the winter blues? Sounds crazy but I never have as much energy or motivation when it's crappy outside (I'm in Melb though!). Or so you feel it's more serious than that?

Are you enjoying work? Having any il family issues?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    TB&M, anxiety sucks...and it can be cyclical, sometimes for no apparent reason. It seems like medication has worked well for you in the past...any chance you'd consider it again for a while. ...life's too short to put up with generalised anxiety if medication works for you...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Albert01; 03-08-2013 at 14:57.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what GAD is either but if its something to do with anxiety and depression, take a handful of nuts - almonds and walnuts everyday. They can help with these symptoms. They uplift your spirit as they can help with lifting serotonin levels. When your serotonin is down this is when you experience anxiety and depression. Hope it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vitamin D is very important to balance your moods if your deficient (like I was) its best to get bloods done at the docs and get a Swisse or Blackmore vitamin D supplement...takes a few months to push levels up but you will notice the difference in how you feel if that's the cause....
    Hope that helps

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey thanks ladies

Pesca - GAD is generalised anxiety disorder. I had quite a severe attack/melt down when DS1 was about 2 and couldn't function properly for about a week. It built up to that stage. I lost 7 kg in about 2 weeks because I couldn't even eat. I love my job it is full on though. I'm a school teacher. Nothing has really changed friends wise.

Yeah I'm thinking that maybe this is the start of something I need to address. I focused myself after typing my initial post and just got in and did the stuff I needed to. It's so silly because I'm an extremely efficient person and whenever I tell people (which isn't often) I've suffered with anxiety they are blown away. I don't outwardly show signs of it and I think perhaps I just take so much on that I crash in a heap at times over the smallest thing. (Like today it was vac and mopping ... Cos I'd just done it two days ago!!).

I think my expectations of myself are also starting to affect me. I can't sleep well if my house isn't clean or I haven't budgeted etc. Today I did grocery shopping and I was feeling sick at spending $100 even though I know it's not a huge amount of money. I'm beating myself inside a little if I spend money I don't need to (like buying dinner.) I've been so good at saving money that now I feel guilty when a normal person wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I'm also going to a BBQ today. Of course I offer to bring a dish so I'm making potato bake - but I was also going to make garlic bread and dessert but stopped myself. I can't even buy a dessert because I could make one from scratch. It's a bit silly hey??

Don't get me wrong - I still do buy things premade or spend money on non essentials but I always feel a bit of guilt doing it. Just writing that makes me see I'm struggling a little with anxiety again when I thought I'd beaten it :/
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 03-08-2013 at 14:31.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulmum2 View Post
    I don't know what GAD is either but if its something to do with anxiety and depression, take a handful of nuts - almonds and walnuts everyday. They can help with these symptoms. They uplift your spirit as they can help with lifting serotonin levels. When your serotonin is down this is when you experience anxiety and depression. Hope it helps.
    Oh I eat almonds daily I also make my own almond butter that I spread on apples and fresh dates - yummo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe get your thyroid levels checked. If the GAD seems under control and its just energy levels, may be worth having them looked at. Also low iron.

I have both thyroid dysfunction, low iron and low vitamin D even though I eat well and excercise regularly. Once I was on supplements I felt much better and more motivated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh geez, and here's me asking if it could be the winter blues!! Sorry, I didn't realise it was something as serious

Well your second post does sound as though you may need to seek a little assistance again. Whilst not drastic, you're right, those things do seem a little normal to be stressing over.

Although I must say, you and I must be so similar (and NOT just with our bad luck ) because I also can't relax of an evening if my house isn't clean. I also HAVE to budget and regularly update.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister suddenly developed anxiety in her mid 30s. Started with a full blown anxiety attack and hasn't gone away (been going on a few months now). She's on medication but it still breaks through a bit.

So much of what you said matches what she said. She's normally a high energy super clean person but she's having trouble motivating herself (she's still cleaner than me though!!). It's like she's a normal person now, before she was Wonder Woman.

They're investigating if its medical, in particular her thyroid. I would definitely go chat to your GP and see if there's a medical reason for it. Although I do think it could be linked to going off the pill. If you're not TTC you could try going on if again and seeing if that helps. If you are trying for a baby you might have to get used to being "normal" (lacking in motivation) like the rest of us.

My sister went to a health retreat where they said people need to get rid of the word "should". Like when you're watching TV and thinking I should be cleaning up. Or when you're lying in bed and thinking of all the things you should be doing. Put them out of your head, there's nothing else you should be doing but what you are doing .