+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Brisbane obstetricians

My husband and I have just started trying for our first baby. Yay
    Now I'm quite an organize freak so I like to have everything planned and I'm currently looking for a good and reasonably priced ob in Brisbane. I've been looking at Greenslopes/Sunnybank hospitals. I found a couple I like but they have $2500 pmf's which wouldn't be a problem except for I just lost my job.
    I have a friend who found an ob at the Wesley with no pmf and her appointments are $100.
    So my question is does anyone know any other doctors that don't have a pmf or have one that's on the lower end of the price scale I've googled hundreds of forums and cant seem to find an answer ? Also any recommendations on good doctors I feel a bit clueless at the moment.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can't PM you but I can recommend Dr Brad Armstrong. He was at Sunnybank but now heads up Greenslopes. His PMF was reasonable (less than you have stated) and all appointments were bulk billed. I had my LO in Jan and had a severe bout of gastro straight out if hospital and his after pregnancy care was fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shazzars thank you replying.
    Brad Armstrong is actually one at greenslopes I was looking at. I got his fees the other day and his pmf was $2500 so it's obviously gone up lots now I'm happy to pay for quality tho and if consults are bulk billed then it would kind of equal itself out in the long run hey?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know it has gone up when they moved to greenslopes. We were lucky and started to see him while he was still at Sunnybank so just got under the old fee structure. I couldn't recommend Brad more he's been great so far ( due in 3 weeks) and the hospital looks amazing.
    He does bulk bill and remember ( I suggest you do this now if you haven't already) register for the Medicare threshold as once you pay the fee the benefits back from Medicare are higher for the rest of the year. ( and there's also something about spending more than $2000 getting some tax benefit too)
    I do think that it's best to go with a doctor that bulk bills as you don't know what each pregnancy brings. I'm still on fortnightly visits with Brad as my pregnancy has been smooth and straight forward, ( will be weekly from next appointment i think but thats only because I'm now 38 weeks by then) but a lady who works with hubby who is also seeing brad has had to be on weekly visits since 20ish weeks due to complications, imagine the costs if he didnt bulk bill. I think she will end up seeing him 25-30 times during the pregnancy which obviously wasn't planned.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on your appending arrival!
    It's such a relief to hear such good things about him. Are you delivering at greenslopes? I was also looking at Brad Robinson only difference is I found his consult fees are higher.
    Thats such a good point about the bulk billing and not knowing what's going to happen. I was reading on his website that he tries to bulk bill all blood tests and stuff too? I know they do scans there but do you have to go elsewhere for the 12&20week scans? Sorry I forget what they are called :s If so may I ask how much they were I've been told up around $300?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think bloods have all been bulk billed ( don't remember paying). He has a scanner but that's to check growth etc but for the 12 and 18 week ones I was referred. Out of pocket for me $300ish sounds correct for these ( obviously was more up front). I wasn't an "at risk" patient so didnt get Medicare benefit for 12 weeks, but did get a good amount back for the 18th week one. Ill confirm costs when I get in the office and can check my Medicare statement.
    I will be birthing at Greenslopes and can't wait, I've only heard wonderful things about it. They do tours so if you are trying to pick maybe pop along for one.
    Armstrong is now the head of the practice so it's interesting that his fees are lower. He does book out quick so if you do want him book as soon as you get your BFP

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds good! Ah I'm so excited!!!
    I have heard that my friend rang him when she was 6weeks and he was booked out for feb next year already.
    Can you book in with an ob after a positive home test or do you have to wait till after you go to the gp and get the official blood test? Everyone keeps telling me different stuff. I just don't want to miss out on the ob I want!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Still haven't checked out of pocket Medicare ( computer is funny at the moment) but I called after my home pregnancy test

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps I had seen him prior for a pap though,if you're due for one maybe get a referral to him as he always makes room for past apparently

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I found out the other day that I'm pregnant. First cycle before we were even actually trying so I'm a little shocked by it all! I contacted greenslopes and Dr Armstrong is on holidays the three weeks before I'm due and comes back the day after my edd... Not cool!!! Gotta choose one of the other doctors there now
    How are you going?