+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We have 7 people living in the house and I do everything in the house it's feel like I'm a slave like I have said in the above post I'm not complaining about cleaning up after my kids doing there washing cooking my partner and I and our kids dinner but when I am stuck cooking everyone dinner an then being the one who cleans up after everyone and doesn't the in laws washing they spoil my kids so they think they can get away with things it's not fair in me I should only have to look after my partner and my kids

Sent from mummie off 3 iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sounds like a tough situation. I would be getting my partner to speak to his mother and then saving every cent and moving out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I'd be moving out. If you can't afford to move, cancel foxtel and put that money aside to save up.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Move out- although after doing the washing for myself, my husband and 3 under 3 I can't see that tossing in another adults washing would be too much hassle- I already do 2-4 loads a day- what's 1-2 more per week.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (04-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Same, I would just chuck the other clothes in the machine in to fill up a load.

I've lived with family, it's hard to keep things separate. It also makes sense that she eats with you guys as you are already cooking for everyone else. Your partner and MIL should be taking care of dishes though.

It sounds like your partner needs to step up more, once you are free of MIL you will still be doing everything inside the house for everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Here's the things I'm not her mother I am not going to be doing her washing I already got full loads I don't mind doin mine and this kids clothes an cleaning up after them and cooking for them but when there is other people in the house it would be nice to get some help you's don't understand till you's are in my shoes

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rather be a single mum and live own my own then live here when I feel like a ****en slave

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you need to take a step back and see what everyone is saying. No one is saying you have to be her slave.

If its getting that bad you really need to talk to her or get your husband to talk to her. I suppose it makes more sense for you to cook as she is one and you guys are 5 but maybe ask if you can have a bit of a roster for the clean up after.

Also taking the bins out and helping with the out door work doesn't sound like your husband is really doing his fair share TBH all that can be done on weekends. You should talk to him about helping with the baths and bed time rituals.

If you don't want to speak i your MiL then maybe just leave the plates in the sink at night. She might end up bringing the subject up with you - especially when she can't ind a clean plate. Just be honest - it's too hard to do everything at night and you need her help.

It's annoying as she should just help without asking but it may be the way to get the help you need without causing any rifts....

And I second pp's - get out as soon as you can!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DimplezKids2013 View Post
    I rather be a single mum and live own my own then live here when I feel like a ****en slave

Why would you need to be a single mum? I thought the issue was with your MIL?

I am a single mum, I have to do lawns, bins, inside work AND bring home the bacon. I think feeling like a slave comes with the territory.

How is the house hunting going?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

NancyBlackett  (06-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    Why would you need to be a single mum? I thought the issue was with your MIL?

I am a single mum, I have to do lawns, bins, inside work AND bring home the bacon. I think feeling like a slave comes with the territory.

How is the house hunting going?
    Another single mum here - although just cos I'm a single mum doesn't mean/make me feel like a slave. OP I think you need to talk to your MIL or DH ASAP