+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mother in-law issues. Need advice badly

Hey me and my partner have 3 kids together and he has a 4 year old to anther women. My partner and I live with our 3 kids and his parents and his mum drive us nuts she has to have everything her way or she gets all angry everytime I do someone thing wrong now I had twins my first pregnancy and then I had a another baby not long after them. The twins are 17 months and my newborn is 4 months it really hard looking after 3 kids when everyone is at work but when she gets home she expects me to deal with 3 kids do thè washing cook dinner get the kids ready for bed clean up after dinner I never get a break and when I do she has a sook argh I feel my self going insane nod I do know what to do cause its hard finding. House these days and living with them at least I now my kids have a roof over their heads sometimes I wish I could just scream she drives me mental

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gosh you poor thing I cant give you advice but am sending you a massive massive hug!!

Are you moving out to your own place anytime soon?

Gosh 3 kids would be hard plus mil on top you must be a strong awesome person irl.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to find a house but it's so hard I live out in the middle of no where still no liences and I get told how to raise my kids they are growing up so spoiled because she's not letting me raise them the way I want to and I still new to this **** and she's not giving me a chance to learn anything she try's to take over and I don't want to say the wrong thing and have no where for the kids and I to go its sucks big time I always just bite my tounge and hold it in

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have 17month old twins and a 4 month old my mother in-law won't let me raise them how I want to she takes over and sits there saying your doing it wrong that's not how you do it she expects me to look after all 3 kids plus clean the hole house plus do all my washing plus kids and her and her sons plus have dinner ready on the table when she gets home plus she don't even help me clean up after dinner so then I have I bath my kids and wait till they go to bed then clean up the kitchen while she hat sits there and watch and play her phone I can't move out cause I haven't had any chances with a house an I don't want the kids and I to be homeless where if I just keep my mouth shut my kids still have a roof over their heads argh I feel like exploding

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you talk to your partner about it? Its a hard one because she may be feeling crowded to. She shouldn't expect you to be a slave though. Hope you work it out soon. Sorry im not good with advice on this stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you tried talking to her?

You obviously have your hands full but I think if you live in someone's house then youve got to do 50% of the housework. Perhaps you both can agree to do half the housework, and set up a schedule of what days you cook/she cooks.

Does your husband help out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry but where's your partner in all this?? Why are you angry at your MIL and not him??

Do you pay rent/bills or does she cover the majority to help you guys save? If it's the latter then I can understand her reasoning - she looks after you guys financially, so she expects equal contribution in other ways. Not unfair. She's not your partner.

And I actually don't understand the reason you're upset about doing housework/cooking dinner/bathing kids. You'd have to do that whether you lived with her or not.

I think you're being pretty harsh on your MIL from what you've said. I'd be having words with your partner though. It's HIS job to help you with the housework/cooking dinner/kid wrangling, etc. Not your MILs. Unless you guys do go equal share in all bills, etc. In which case you're a housemate and an equal contributer to the household.

For the record, before I get jumped on, no the same rules don't apply to partners. Because it's a partnership and the work is expected to be spread across both people. But the MIL didn't choose to be in a relationship with OP or have children with her.

Eta: I do think its pretty sh1t shes undermining your parenting. If you dont want to say anything ask your partner to have words with her.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (03-08-2013),dancingchipmunk  (03-08-2013),Des1102  (03-08-2013),FearlessLeader  (04-08-2013),Ffrenchknickers  (03-08-2013),HugsBunny  (03-08-2013),oozzle  (03-08-2013),Renn  (03-08-2013),Stiflers Mom  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My partner and I pay rent We pay half electricity and We pay the foxtel I do my own shopping and I clean up after my kids but I'm also cooking dinner for her cleaning up after her doing her washing there is no equals here she sits on her *** playing her phone while my partner and I do everything she does nothing I pay my fair share of bills it's feels like I'm her slave and it's sucks I got my own kids and family to look after I don't need to be looking after her more the. One person has told me she's using me so she doesn't have to do anything so really I have every right to be angry at her

Sent from mummie off 3 iPhone

Thanks
    Reviews
    So when do you start being angry at your partner?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why would I need to be angry at hi
    He helps and does his share to

Sent from mummie off 3 iPhone