+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Would love to know how she goes my 13month old hates his cot!!

Mum to cooper 13 months one due November

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coopersmum2012 View Post
    Would love to know how she goes my 13month old hates his cot!!

Mum to cooper 13 months one due November
    I'll let you know, we think we might just buy a big girl bed and sleep in there with her, she's so used to co sleeping that I think it will be too much for her, but we have to do it soon because I'm 6 weeks with my second and we don't want her to think it's because if the baby she's been moved

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We put both of our older children straight into big beds with a side rail and a box to help them climb in and out at 15mo. They settled into the beds straight away and I never had any issues.

The worst of it was that they knew they could get in and out so they did so a few times because of the novelty. I ended up moving their day sleep until a little later which helped them drop off quicker as they were more tired.

I just made sure their bedroom was toddler proof ie. nothing could be pulled down on top of them and only safe toys were in there and then left them in their room at sleep time not minding if they had a little play first. They would usually play for a little while (I had a door barrier on their door) then when they were tired, they would close their own door and then climb into bed for a sleep. I found that doing it this way was very calm and they got into a routine of actually loving bedtime rather than being told it was time to go to sleep as soon as they got to bed. They would only play for a maximum of 15 minutes, so not long in the grand scheme of things.

We're putting our 18mo into a toddler bed in a few weeks once we have scrubbed and repainted her bedroom. She has been in a portacot in our room for a couple of months now due to having discovered rampant mould in her room and long dangly mould hanging off the bottom of her mattress. We've got a dehumidifier and will be fixing up her room to combat the problem. She is more than ready for a toddler bed and has been for a while but we are working on fixing her cot up after being in the mouldy room before we will convert it to the bed and put her in it.

Good luck - I hope that your children transition as easily and happily as mine did.

strawberry swing is offline not so patiently waiting for the 1st of july!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ky View Post
    We put both of our older children straight into big beds with a side rail and a box to help them climb in and out at 15mo. They settled into the beds straight away and I never had any issues.

The worst of it was that they knew they could get in and out so they did so a few times because of the novelty. I ended up moving their day sleep until a little later which helped them drop off quicker as they were more tired.

I just made sure their bedroom was toddler proof ie. nothing could be pulled down on top of them and only safe toys were in there and then left them in their room at sleep time not minding if they had a little play first. They would usually play for a little while (I had a door barrier on their door) then when they were tired, they would close their own door and then climb into bed for a sleep. I found that doing it this way was very calm and they got into a routine of actually loving bedtime rather than being told it was time to go to sleep as soon as they got to bed. They would only play for a maximum of 15 minutes, so not long in the grand scheme of things.

We're putting our 18mo into a toddler bed in a few weeks once we have scrubbed and repainted her bedroom. She has been in a portacot in our room for a couple of months now due to having discovered rampant mould in her room and long dangly mould hanging off the bottom of her mattress. We've got a dehumidifier and will be fixing up her room to combat the problem. She is more than ready for a toddler bed and has been for a while but we are working on fixing her cot up after being in the mouldy room before we will convert it to the bed and put her in it.

Good luck - I hope that your children transition as easily and happily as mine did.
    Thanks for the info KY. we just bought dd a bed so we'll get a mattress asap and move her in here. Thank you for the tip about the steps And making the room toddler proof.

I'm holding she transitions as easy as your kiddos, that would be perfect! I wouldn't care if she played before her nap. As long as she we t to sleep herself.

We currently co sleep and lay down with her to get her off so it will be interesting to see how she goes. She hated the cot from early on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in the same boat as you strawberry swing, my ds1 hates the cot, always has. I was looking at toddler beds at the shops today, haven't bought one yet but my 17 month old has co-slept since a young baby and we have tried the cot so many times, even a portacot in our room and he hates the confinement of it. So i'm hoping a toddler bed might make the transition easier, we are going to try it in our bedroom next to our bed first then make the room move once he is settled. Goodluck!!