+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    You're a good mama Bexter!

In the beginning I ran myself ragged trying to accommodate FOB and his family, they completely took advantage and showed no gratitude. It took me a while to realise that I needed to look after myself as well and actively encouraging a relationship didn't mean I had to do EVERYTHING their way.

Look after you too

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScaryMissMary For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So glad to hear that things are going better for you Bexter.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to onionskin For This Useful Post:

~BEXTER~  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have no idea what's happened but the ex and I communicate via email. All of a sudden I stopped getting his emails on the email app on my phone but if I signed in through safari they were in my inbox, unread.

We because I haven't replied to all emails (only check the app) today he has said he is done with my game, won't be seeing the kids and more and if they want to they can look him up in the future!!

I knew he would **** off after his son was born but I didn't realise it would be so soon!

Now I have a almost 9 year old and a 3.5 year old asking why they can't go to dinner with dad or stay at his house.. What am I meant to tell them?

My daughter has voxer on her iPod and talks to him daily so I told her to ask him, but I know he won't reply so what am I meant to say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would just be honest and tell him you hadn't seen the messages. That you're not playing games, you want him to be part of the kids lives, but after all thats happened and what he's done to you, you don't want him to be part of yours.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-10-2013),Mod-Myztik  (18-10-2013),VicPark  (21-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have. Because I haven't replied to emails for a few weeks but then send him one asking about dinner or his weekend he thinks I'm just ignoring his emails, I'm not, I have no reason to. But he won't let me explain and I'm sick of chasing him to be a good dad.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have so much in common.. I'm so sorry your ex is such a dirt bag. You are doing the right thing. I would just email back with the truth and leave the rest up to him. He's so used to you doing what he wants he wants to have a tantrum and leave his kids when you stop? What a f*cking child he is. That's pathetic. I suppose it hasn't occurred to him that you weren't coping after the termination. As for his ex, thats hardly surprising but wow.. She sounds right up his alley- they are both idiots. And there you are only concerned about your children's welfare, you are far too good to be dragged into his bull****. He sounds very immature (and very much like my ex sadly).. This isn't where it ends, he will change his mind again. And you know what? Your options are wide open and that's brilliant news. I would take some time for yourself if you can. Go out with some gf's, get your hair done, do a course, something just for you. You just never know what's around the corner. Meanwhile captain downer can stay at home with whatsherface and eventually you will see them implode - men like that never change, you just watch. And you can sit back and thank god it isn't you and it's all behind you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a shame he's going to be stupid about it, but there not much more you can do but hope he comes to his senses.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-10-2013),~BEXTER~  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    I have. Because I haven't replied to emails for a few weeks but then send him one asking about dinner or his weekend he thinks I'm just ignoring his emails, I'm not, I have no reason to. But he won't let me explain and I'm sick of chasing him to be a good dad.

Hi Bexter

ive seen several of your threads over time and I feel for you, but you just seem to be going around in circles with your ex and all the back-and-forth is getting you nowhere! You sound like a loving mum but you also sound o emotionally invested in your ex and its draining you. I'm sorry to sound horrid but I think you need to stop expecting so much from your ex and stop thinking about him. Yes he is not doing the right thing by the kids but you can't change him and unfortunately you have no power over the d-head. I know I sound horrible but I'm thinking of you here, and your kids. I'm don't think you should let him affect your life at all anymore. You're obviously a loving mum so give all your energy to your kids and forget their d-head dad. If he's even remotely decent he will come looking for the children soon wanting to see them, missing them. He's accusing you of playing games, don't feed that! Don't give him a single damn thing! Xx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (19-10-2013),~BEXTER~  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~BEXTER~ View Post
    But he won't let me explain and I'm sick of chasing him to be a good dad.
    No woman (or child) in the history of human-kind ever made a man be a good dad. He is or he isn't, he grows up or he doesn't ever grow up. He's a man or he ain't

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (21-10-2013),delirium  (19-10-2013),KaraB  (19-10-2013),shelle65  (20-10-2013),twotrunks  (19-10-2013),~BEXTER~  (19-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with you all. I'm so over this crap. I've blocked his number, I'm not chasing him anymore.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ~BEXTER~ For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (20-10-2013)