+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I also use a comforter/ blanket teddy thing with my dd and a grobag. The comforter really helps her get to sleep as she plays with it while self settling and rubs her face in to it when she is tired. She is usually always holding it in some way when she falls asleep. I think it helped her to have something to do with her hands too once she was unwrapped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Liliana12 View Post
    Thank you AddictedtoLove. He doesn't have comforter at the moment. My MCHN suggested not giving him one just yet as it might just stimulate him more.

Thanks so much too for your advice about going in and letting it take longer if needed. I think it's finding that balance that I might struggle with a bit. I'm such a softie and don't want to hear him cry. But I so want him to be able to sleep more and be happier with that.
    Hi Liliana, I strongly advise giving him a comforter before you start sleep training (my DS has accumulated 3 now). Like Rach has said about her LO my DS also rubs it on his face etc while settling off to sleep, I feel they need something to attach to.

While I was sleep training my DS I would just keep placing the comforter back in his arms or hands without making too much eye contact and reinforcing him to use his blanky as comfort, it took just a few days for him to really attach it and I slowly introduced a few more into his cot so if one goes missing, has to be washed or if he can't find one in the night there is always another one there that he is happy to grab on to. When you go in to comfort him I would get the comforter and sssshh / pat while stroking his face with it then get him to cuddle it, try and get your scent on it first too, that always helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Addicted to Love For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to Love View Post
    Hi Liliana, I strongly advise giving him a comforter before you start sleep training (my DS has accumulated 3 now). Like Rach has said about her LO my DS also rubs it on his face etc while settling off to sleep, I feel they need something to attach to.

While I was sleep training my DS I would just keep placing the comforter back in his arms or hands without making too much eye contact and reinforcing him to use his blanky as comfort, it took just a few days for him to really attach it and I slowly introduced a few more into his cot so if one goes missing, has to be washed or if he can't find one in the night there is always another one there that he is happy to grab on to. When you go in to comfort him I would get the comforter and sssshh / pat while stroking his face with it then get him to cuddle it, try and get your scent on it first too, that always helps.

^this. I actually have 3 the same so I can rotate 2 (when they need washing) and have one in the car for those nap times when we are out and I forgot to pack one in my bag.