+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does CC work with baby sleeping on their stomach?

Hi - just trying this again with correct subject heading ...

I'm going to try CC with my 6 month old boy. He currently sleeps in his tummy when he's in his cot (for the last 2 weeks) and its helped heaps with settling him to sleep.

He's never self settled and is really hard to resettle and spends a lot of nights in our bed (in his back or side).

Will CC work if he's on his stomach or would it be better to do it on his back?

Thanks for any advice. I'm nervous about trying CC.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It should work just as well whether he is on his stomach or his back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My baby sleeps on her stomach and has since we unwrapped her. She is much more comfortable this way and now doesn't sleep any other way. It should actually work better on their stomachs if this is the way they are most comfortable sleeping. As long as they have good head control and have nothing in the way of their nose and mouth for breathing, sleeping on their stomach will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be concerned that he would be so exhausted from crying that he may not have the energy to turn his head to the side.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (02-08-2013)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Please note- this thread is in the PRO-CC section of the forum. Any further posts of this vein will be removed.

Lets keep it all within the spirit of BH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RachHasArrived View Post
    My baby sleeps on her stomach and has since we unwrapped her. She is much more comfortable this way and now doesn't sleep any other way. It should actually work better on their stomachs if this is the way they are most comfortable sleeping. As long as they have good head control and have nothing in the way of their nose and mouth for breathing, sleeping on their stomach will be fine
    Thanks RHA, my baby has slept on his stomach since we unwrapped too. He seems to love it.
    Thanks for your support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomsie View Post
    Please note- this thread is in the PRO-CC section of the forum. Any further posts of this vein will be removed.

Lets keep it all within the spirit of BH
    Thanks Nomsie. I'm really looking for any advice and support people can give. This is new for me and I came here hoping to hear of other people's stories to help me feel less alone

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not at all against CC but I have to be honest and say I would feel more comfortable if bubs was on his back.

Does he have a comforter? I would place him in his sleeping bag with a sheet over him and tuck him in nice and snug on his back (but no heavy blankets as if he is crying he may get hot). Make sure he has clean nappy, water, room temp is right etc, make sure you tick off all the boxes first.

I didn't do CC exactly with my DS, I chose a slightly gentler version to start with but had it not worked I would have gone the CC route. With any sleep training you'll know your own limitations so don't be scared to go in there and pat / ssssh at any time if you need too, even if it takes you a bit longer to get the results you want as it can sometimes be a bit of 2 steps fwd, one step back, but the message will be getting through more and more each time, you want to find that balance between giving him enough comfort to know that mummy is there, but enough tough love to know that it is time for sleep and he can do it on his own.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to Love View Post
    I am not at all against CC but I have to be honest and say I would feel more comfortable if bubs was on his back.

Does he have a comforter? I would place him in his sleeping bag with a sheet over him and tuck him in nice and snug on his back (but no heavy blankets as if he is crying he may get hot). Make sure he has clean nappy, water, room temp is right etc, make sure you tick off all the boxes first.

I didn't do CC exactly with my DS, I chose a slightly gentler version to start with but had it not worked I would have gone the CC route. With any sleep training you'll know your own limitations so don't be scared to go in there and pat / ssssh at any time if you need too, even if it takes you a bit longer to get the results you want as it can sometimes be a bit of 2 steps fwd, one step back, but the message will be getting through more and more each time, you want to find that balance between giving him enough comfort to know that mummy is there, but enough tough love to know that it is time for sleep and he can do it on his own.

Good luck.
    Thank you AddictedtoLove. He doesn't have comforter at the moment. My MCHN suggested not giving him one just yet as it might just stimulate him more.

Thanks so much too for your advice about going in and letting it take longer if needed. I think it's finding that balance that I might struggle with a bit. I'm such a softie and don't want to hear him cry. But I so want him to be able to sleep more and be happier with that.