+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think the mailbox drop is a great idea

Halloween seems to grow in popularity each year over here. It's a bit of fun, I'm sure the kids love it.

We have lots of cute primary school aged kids in our street and they were out in force last year. We'll stock up on some goodies again for them this year. Bless 'em!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's great fun for the kids . We didn't do our street last year, but went around the school. So many houses across the road from school were decorated and the owners dressed up, was so much fun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeyMumma View Post
    I would do balloons or something rather than the light. People might want their light on for other reasons whereas a balloon on the letterbox would be clear.
    ^^I agree with this

And doing the mail drop on the Monday before sounds reasonable.

Have fun

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I think the letterbox/light thing is a really great idea actually.

I'm a bit of a Grinch about Halloween, as it's a seasonal thing (as evidenced by the pumpkin motif) and is actually supposed to be celebrated on 29th April in the Southern Hemisphere, as the end of harvest, and the beginning of the descent into the darkness (winter) remembering the dead, all souls eve etc.

Anyways..... Good for a laugh for the kids, and I've been known to get out there with the kids
    Yes but it's still fun!! We should be having Easter Eggs at Halloween! (Well, any time is a good time for Easter Eggs...)

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by missie_mack View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I think the pumpkin or the balloon are a good idea because I know my front light is based on a sensor

from a galaxy far far away...
    Good point!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We've never really done it, but I do keep a pack of sharepack lollies and chocolates, Natural Confectionery Company do the dinosaurs in small packs I think maybe 8 small packs in the big pack, and just the Cadbury chocolates. Last year it was pretty big in our street, so my daughter was allowed to find a dress up costume to put on and greet people at the door. I sat out the front with her and she handed them out. It's never been that big before, so I'll get some more this year because we ran out whereas normally we get maybe 2 small groups of kids at our door. They all look so cute in their costumes

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Bec~ View Post
    Yes but it's still fun!! We should be having Easter Eggs at Halloween! (Well, any time is a good time for Easter Eggs...)
    Yes, and I do get over myself and have fun with the kids DON'T get me started on Easter

Thanks
    Reviews
    I live in a street where lots of kids visit on Halloween. I tie orange/black balloons to my letterbox, so they don't miss out on lollies. I went out of my way back in 2009 and carved a pumpkin and put a candle in it and got lots of positive comments about it. It's hugely celebrated overseas and I think it will gradually become more main****** here in Australia. I think if children are supervised there isn't an issue, but it's the odd teenager/adult/kid here and there that act up and be stupid.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my DH is American so we have been celebrating halloween every year - bigger now that our oldest is 5.

we decorate the house & front garden for the whole of October so the street knows we're open for trick or treaters lol. I can't wait for this year!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to zooey For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DS will be 3 in October so I think a perfect age to start celebrating Halloween , so this year we are having our first Halloween Party! I've already started planning the food and buying decorations!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

HugsBunny  (02-08-2013),littleriv  (03-08-2013)