+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Post grad studies and HELP/HECS dept

I've just started my first postgraduate unit and I'm a bit confused about payments. I want to pay for this unit and my next unit up front, and depending on whether I can save enough money in advance, I hope to pay for the remainder of my units up front. But I've registered for a HECS / HELP thing anyway just in case I need to defer the payment, but my uni (CSU) has told me that there's a 25% fee imposed by the ATO on course fees for HECS / HELP debts.

Is this correct? So confused!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The last day for HECS payment to be received is the 9th August, but was due on the 26th of July. There is a 10% discount if you pay by then. Payment will also include your student fees. Just give student services a call - they are so lovely and ask what to do to change your option. If you pay right away you should be fine. Go to your messages and open up your HECS invoice and the number should be on one of the forms they sent. If there is a queue you can opt for them to call you back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks for your response, is this for postgrad units or only undergrad?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    postgrad