+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes, that is right

You don't sound whingy at all! I basically asked the same question that you asked here, to the twin group I am a part of, and so many people came back saying that I would be fine, that having 4 was no different than 3, that the hard work was done with the twins etc.

And to be honest - I didn't feel prepared at all for the shock of it all. I really believe that it would be no different. But for me personally - and I know everyone is different - I found it to be really bleeding hard.

I just wanted to say it is ok to feel that way, we are all different you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Wow beebs if I am reading right you have 4 under 5 and 3 of those under 2????

Super mum!!!! I must sound really whingey and petty to you lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    Wow beebs if I am reading right you have 4 under 5 and 3 of those under 2????

Super mum!!!! I must sound really whingey and petty to you lol
    PS - but they are older now, the youngest is 2, the twins are just 4 and my eldest is just 7, which is why I am feeling better about it all now!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default It's only early days

oh darl, its only early days!!!! Its been less than a week! Don't be so hard on yourself. Its always a nightmare those first few weeks, its not an indication of things to come. It will settle down soon i promise!
    I had a terrible time the first month with my second one (17 months between them). I also felt very teary, overwhelmed and anxious, i too felt like i would not cope without my husband as i didn't feel i was coping when he was there either.
    Believe me these bad feelings go away and everything settles. A lot of it is hormones i think, as well as sleep deprivation as well as anxieties over breastfeeding etc. I also felt emotional about my first baby, worried that i had rushed the second baby, i can really relate to you. However all this went away and i was fine! It was bad for a few weeks, but by about a month the whole picture looked much better and i felt good then. You will too, you just need to get through the first tough few weeks and it will improve. The feeding will settle, her tummy/wind pains will settle and the sleep will settle, and then you will feel a whole lot better. I'm guessing by 4-6 weeks (max- probably sooner) you will be feeling a lot more optimisitic and your current worries will be a thing of the past.
    Let us know how you go.