+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Effective diet on IVF outcome

Hi all,
    Yikes!!! meant to say 'Effect of' and not 'effective'
    I need a bit of advice. I've heard through my own doctor and other sources that diet has no effect on IVF outcome (it's only if you're overweight or need to lose a lot of weight). In your opinion do you think this is true? As I'm in a healthy weight range should I worry a lot about my diet or should I concentrate on extra healthy eating no matter what? What are other doctors saying?
    I'm blaming myself and my choice of diet for my dodgy eggs and I'd just like to hear what everyone else is doing and if you were able to improve your egg quality through change of diet.
    Thanks in advance!!
    Last edited by Honeytips; 31-07-2013 at 20:22. Reason: Explaining my dodgy title

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so very much btmac!!! I think that I did so many things wrong this being my first time - but I'm learning as I go along.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well my BMI is high, even though I train everyday (my personal trainer doesn't really believe in BMI) too much.

But in saying that, I lost 3kgs before my last cycle and went from 1 transfer of a cgrade to 1 x A grade and 1 x c grade. Unfortunately they didn't take, but I do think it helped.

I've been taking coQ10, fish oil and magnesium as well as folate since my last BFN. I'm about to start my next cycle and will also be soaking in epsom salts and switching to magnesium oil rather than a tablet.

I have a healthy diet anyway, but I don't eat anything sugary/high in carbs/fat during a cycle.

My FS also recommends continuing to exercise right through your cycle and the TWW as it stimulates the blood flow and also helps calm you down!

Good luck for your cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm obese and PCO.
    First cycle I had 15 eggs, 9 fertilised, 3 made it to blastie and 1 made it to child (DD). I ate normally during the cycle, not bad not good.

Second cycle I had 21 eggs, 15 fertilised and 7 made it to blastie. 1 is now due in December . I ate ABSOLUTE RUBBISH for this cycle and had the best result yet.

Take your supplements the FS recommends and don't worry about anything else. Your dud eggs are caused by genetics, not diet. I think giving my body what it wanted helped me get a good outcome.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (01-08-2013),Chiefsgirl  (01-08-2013),Malkitek  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks very much ladies, I think that I really need to look into my supplements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took elevit, fish oil, berocca, zinc and 5mg folate.

Good luck!! But please don't blame yourself if it doesn't work. Somethings are out of our control.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Honeytips  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Supplements is the key hun. Get onto wazza's list of supps and buy them online from the USA. Especially if you are considering taking dhea and melatonin. Other are available over the counter in the USA and cost a quarter of what is charged over here because you need to get them on a script from a compounding chemist.

Happy to suggest a reputable website that i have used if anyone would like.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Honeytips  (02-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks once more ladies, making a note of all these supplements. My husband and I are discussing changing FS (bad experience yesterday where they're yet to get in contact with me to let me know how my 1 egg was developing - even after I called numerous times!!!) and we're considering calling up and putting our names down on Wazza's waiting list.
    Is there a list of all of Wazza's supplements so that I can start prepping myself?
    Last edited by Honeytips; 02-08-2013 at 05:12. Reason: Added question at end

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good idea. Pretty sure someone listed it in the brisbane thread?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to nicole83 For This Useful Post:

Honeytips  (03-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great idea for a thread. Keen to know what dosage everyone is on for recommended supplements. (By the way Wazza sounds amazing )For eg i've read some people taking 600mg Coq10 and others taking 300mg. Our FS didn't recommend any supplements (other than folic acid) nor anything about diet.