+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default would you go back?

Yesterday I took my sons to a new doctor as our regular GP is on holidays. They were sitting in a double stroller and the doctor instantly thought they were twins but they are really 12mths and 25mths old. To me it seems kind of obvious that there is an age difference as there is a height difference of 15cm and the 12mth old doesn't look as developed, particularly in his movements and has hardly any teeth.

The doctor then ended up writing a prescription for a cream that was available without a prescription.

He's meant to be one of the most experienced doctors but is also one of the most available as he's rarely booked up.

Would you go back to him?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would go back doesn't seem like he did anything really wrong.

My kids are 20months apart and are totally different in size and have had a few people ask if they are twins so it's not that uncommon lol and I've also had a few dr's write a prescription for something that you didn't need one for. Sometimes things are cheaper if you have a script I know like for ventolin and stuff so maybe that's why he did it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My dr always writes a prescription for things that dont need one just so I know the name of it and I can get the pharmacist to get exactly what he wants me to use. Also with the age thing. Maybe it was because they were in a double stroller? Sometimes I find it difficult to tell ages when they are close together. He might not have wanted to assume.

I would taken them back. It you feel the level of care (treated the condition in the right way) you received is good then I would. I wouldnt worry about the things you mentioned, its an easy mistake to not know how old kids are and as I said some drs write prescriptions so its easier for the patients to get the right one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes over the counter drugs are cheaper if written in a script - might have been doing you a favour

jbish is offline “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr Seuss
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My Dr writes me scripts for things that don't need one for the same reason Monkeyseemonkeydo said, to make sure I get exactly the correct medication.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Sometimes over the counter drugs are cheaper if written in a script - might have been doing you a favour
    Yep this or can get larger quantities

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MIL gets scripts for an over the counter painkiller...
    at least the type of treatment is now recorded in the files so if you return (and forget) it is easily at hand.

The twin thing wouldn't bother me, I have a DS1 and DD&DS2(twins) --quite often DS1&DS2 get picked as the twins - even though there is 19 months between them.
    ..or maybe he just used it as a conversation starter??

Those two things aren't really enough for an outsider to judge though. If you feel he is competent - then, return..if not - don't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I might go back. I would prefer doctors prescription for meds even if it can be purchased over the counter so I know what exactly I am getting.
    In terms of not able to tell your kids age difference, I don't think I would worry too much, my kids are 19 months apart, 2.5 years and 9 months, to me its obvious ones significantly older than the other but to all other people, doctors and nurses thinks that they are not too far in age even though my 2.5 year old can count, walk, run, have all teeth and etc (he is small in siZe though, they wear almost the same size clothing!) and my 9 month old has only just started crawling with only 2 pearly whites
    But ultimately it will depend on whether or not the doctor was good at diagnosing etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Drs don't necessarily know what or what isn't on prescription. He may have been unsure.
    I would go back as I don't think it suggest he doesn't know what he is doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    and the issue is what?? my dd and ds are 2 years apart - one is blonde and one has brown hair, one is about 2 heads taller than the other and I am constantly asked if they are twins.