+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2.5 yo waking during the night. Still....help

Hi,
    just wanting some advice- suggestions of things to try.

we have a 2.5 year old who since our holiday at Christmas has woken during the night ( but has never been a fantastic sleeper!!) It seems that as he transitions through the sleep cycle he either wakes up and walks into our room, or wakes up crying, but not every cycle, and not at specific times during the night.

we have tried not communicating and just putting him back in bed( he goes straight back to sleep), I have tried talking/ reasoning with him during the day, I have a gro clock which has improved his wake up time- but not sleeping through, tried reward charts.
    We, this week have dropped his day sleep- but it doesn't make a difference at night, just irritable during the afternoon.

so he normally wakes 6-6:30am (pre gro clock 5:30)
    12-1 nap
    7pm bed

im getting exhausted because I have a 5 month old who is still up during the night too! ATM I'm up between 3-5 times between them.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not able to offer any advice but can empathize with you. Our 2 year 4 month old still does not sleep through. He does on occasions but not consistently. When he does wake we can be in there for up to 2.5 hours getting him back to sleep.

I considering investing in one of those sleep nappy services to come and help us. I have only just started looking but there seems to be a few in Melbourne.

I will follow this thread for any tips in the meantime.

PS I refuse to do controlled crying or anything of that nature so I am probably to blame for it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think there is much else you can do other than walking him back to bed. Its good that he goes back to sleep straight away though. I dont think you should cut the day sleep though. I find the less sleep my 27 month old gets the worse she sleeps. Keep the day sleep for as long as you can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Truffle- if you invest in the nappy/night service- I would be interested to see how it goes. I've never heard much about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have much advice other then to sympathize with you. My 5 y old DD still wakes in the night most night's. We have tried everything. I regret not being tougher when she was younger. Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app