I am 39 weeks + 4 days today (due Saturday 3rd August). I went for my weekly OB appointment this morning where I had my first internal examination. Apparently I am not dilated at all!
Our OB said she would want to induce me no later than the 13th/14th August but could do it earlier if we want (if nothing happens before then).
I have scheduled another appointment with her for next Monday (2 days after my due date) to discuss the option of scheduling an induction for Tuesday or Wednesday (3-4 days after due date).
I really would like to avoid being induced, but am worried about waiting around after my due date and then nothing happening (and having to be induced later anyway).
Has anyone gone into labour by their due date despite being told they hadn't dilated at all?
What is your opinion? Should I be induced a couple of days after my due date? Or 10 days after?
Do you think going to get acupuncture this week/weekend would help me prevent having to be induced?
Your help, stories and advice is much appreciated!!! :-)