+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Okay I'm Nervous Now

So looks like I am going to be induced next week. This is my first baby and prior to falling pregnant I was always scared of labour and delivery but all throughout my pregnancy I have suprised myself and havn't really thought about it too much but now that the day is pretty much here I am starting to freak. I just feel like I will be in zombie mode and will just do what needs to be done to get baby here, I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing. I'm just scared of the unknown and the PAIN!!!! :/
    Anyway not too sure the point of this post, I'll just be happy once I have baby in my arms.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    You will be. And you will forget the pain too!

Maybe writing a birth plan might help you channel your nerves and make you feel a little like you have control. Good luck 😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Just remind yourself when you're in there that it's one day of your life! You can do it! (I'm not speaking from experience though 😉).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aww I know how you feel. I had my first baby last year and all the way through the pregnancy I tried not to think about how scared I was off labour!!! I was also beside myself terrified of vomiting (I have emetophobia. . fear of vomit). Turn I ended up with an induction too. .. I was so scared I got bad shakes... which labour can do to you as well!
    Anyway. . as scared as I was I got through it. .. I just remembered that labour meant my baby was coming and I would get cuddles really soon. I look back and I'm quite proud of myself. I did end up having a c section and I can't believe I faced my fears head on. I also kept telling myself that I didn't have a choice. ..the baby had to come out!! Somehow that helped me. Lol.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will get through it, yep it's tough, exhausting and painful but it stops and is forgotten about as soon as bub is placed on your chest. I found when the time to push came it distracted me and it really took my mind off the pain as I could actually do something. You will find a coping technique through your contractions mine was pointing my toes or tiptoeing. And you know what if you can't handle it their is pain relief that doesn't make you any less strong. Birth is a crazy thing and everyone reacts differently. Just stay focused on what you get at the end and breathe good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Labour is a funny thing- yes it was painful but it wasn't scary pain. It was pain with a purpose and I knew each contraction was getting me closer to having a baby. It wasn't like when you are sick/injured and not sure what is going on and become anxious/scared. You will be in the zone- your body and mind are designed for this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My midwife just gave me a copy of Juju Sundin's 'birth skills'. I've given birth before but I'm still finding it helpful and can't wait to use the techniques. I recommend a read before your induction.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Marepoppin For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (31-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I second reading a copy of 'Birth Skills' if you can. My middy leant me a copy when preg with my second. I had a very straight forward drug free labour/birth with DS1, but was still nervous about labour with #2 - that feeling of being scared of the unknown doesn't go away just because you've done it before!! Birth Skills gives really practical advice on methods you can use to basically distract yourself from the pain of labour - and it has some really good info on the hormones released during labour and what they do. DS2 came so quick I didn't really get to put any of the practical skills into place, but at one point contractions were making me want to tense up, I remebered reading in the book this is one of the worst things you can do, so I got on the move again and bounced my through them on the fitball. You really need to try and view the pain of labour as a 'good pain'. It's a productive, purposeful pain, getting you closer and closer to holding your baby.

Your mind and body can also do some amazing things to help you through labour - with DS1 when contractions were getting tough I went into a bit of a trance-like state watching the water flow down the drain in the shower. That got me through to the pushing phase - and by then you know you're so close to having a baby you just get through it. The pain of both my births was gone the instant baby was out, and I almost felt like I could do it all over again.

Good luck, I hope you have a beautiful birth
    Last edited by decemberbubba; 31-07-2013 at 08:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww thanks ladies for your kind words of encouragement!

I'm just worried that being induced means I'll end up having to have a c-section and that scares me a little as well, cause I will be in pain afterwards. Argh! All these little things that could happen.

I think I wish I could just go into labour naturally... but in saying that still be able to have pain relief.
    Maybe I will go and try now to bring on labour LOL I'm 37 weeks, any ideas that I could give a try? Although I don't think it will work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    SOOO... Saw the Dr today and she did an internal and she said I am 2cm dialated and she could feel the babies head. Baby is engaged and ready to go!! So she did a stretch and sweep and we'll see what happens. EXCITING & NERVY... Hopefully bub will wait a few more days!
    It's just so weird that baby is engaged already, I'm 37 weeks and this is my first bub dont they almost always go over the due date first time?!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PinkPrint For This Useful Post:

&BabyMakes4xxx  (01-08-2013)