+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Anxiety about work....I just wanna be a sahm!

I didnt really know what section to put this under and its mainly a bit of a rant but also after any advice....

I currently work 3 days a week in childcare and I have a 3 yr old dd and I'm 10 wks preg. I work a set shift that works in well with my family that my boss and I agreed on and I found out Monday she'd changed my shift to a much later one without even a word to me about it. I spoke to her saying I can't do the shift and she was quite rude and basically said "well you can't always have the earlier shift". I know she has every right to change my times and there isn't much I can do, I've been lucky to have the shift Im on but she agreed to it and she told me herself that it wouldn't change.

I'm suffering so much anxiety from this I feel so freaked out, annoyed, upset. Every time I think about it I cry. I just wish I could quit and focus on dd and my pregnancy but dp is only on casual work and we need my income.

I know this is not that big a deal in the scheme of things buts it's getting me so down I just don't know what to do. I honestly hate my job and dread going, I'm lying in bed now crying thinking about having to drag myself in there tomorrow. GAHHHHH I'd give anything to just quit and be a sahm right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs OP. I too am feeling anxious about my work situation but my circumstances are a bit different. In saying that, I can't stand my team leader and despise every day I have to see her and listen to her rubbish.

I don't have much advice for you, just lots of understanding

Is there anyone higher than her that you can discuss this with?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Confusedwithjob For This Useful Post:

melimum  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks confused. No not really as there was no written agreement to my shifts so she can change them, it just doesnt work for me.......I'm just so over it all. I wish I didn't have to choose between my family and job. So far it's all fit in so nicely but now I don't know what to do good luck with your job situation x

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. Hopefully something wonderful happens for the both of us.

I just can't believe how work places can start of being so flexible and then stab you in the back. That is what it feels like for me anyway.

Maybe sit down with her abc explain how upset you are. That its not just a preference, your family situation depends on it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a big deal, especially if you cannot manage the shift time with your own care. What does your boss expect you to do?

I work rotating shifts, however there is one 24 hour period a week that I have no child care. My work constantly roster me a shift on the day. It has literally taken me 12 month of emails, tears and frustration, but they are finally going to sort it for me.... in September.

No real advice, just wanted to let you know your emotions are justified and you are certainly not alone. It sucks when you feel trapped in an impossible situation!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I completely understand. When I discussed going back to work after DS was born with my boss he said he was happy to have me back whatever days and hours I wanted.

3 hours into my second day and he already wanted me to change from Monday and Thursdays, to Monday and Fridays. I know it really makes no difference as dh works both those days anyway but the thought of having to work Fridays sucks.

When everyone is writing all over Facebook TGIF I'm thinking great time to leave my son and go to work.

I know it isn't the same situation as my mum looks after DS when I work so it didn't affect care arrangements but I too wish I could just quit and be a SAHM.