+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When did your baby stretch out their feeds?

My bub is 5 months soon and still feeds 2 hourly during day then has a 6-7 stretch over night (occasionally less).
    2 hourly during day is quite full on at times. Anyone who fed this regularly and when did thru begin to drop feeds and go longer in between?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 fed 1-2 hourly during the day up until about 9 months, then he went to around 3 hourly, by 12 months was on around 3 feeds during the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah the good old days of 6-7 hrs overnight. Around six months I think is when DS stretched his day feeds out a bit longer than his 2.5-3hrly. However his night sleep went to crap. We are currently lucky to get three hour stretches overnight.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I would also be careful! I stretched out DS's feeds at 24 weeks at the advice of the CHN, and ended up cluster feeding from about 3 - 6am every night. It messed with my supply and I almost had to stop breastfeeding. As it is I now comp feed one feed before bed to give him a longer stretch overnight (he's 41 weeks) but I still try and feed him about every 3 hours during the day and at least twice overnight. I find it hard to keep up with him! I think some babies just feed that often. They know what they need and when, is what I tend to think, and I wish I hadn't messed with it when I did...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Around 10 months and she really started cutting back. By 11 months she was only feeding twice daily. It was very sudden and entirely of her own volition. I didn't ever expect it to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I BF my two girls and they were so different! DD1 would/could go around 6 hours between feeds. DD2 was 2-3 hours, but would sleep all night.
    Then along came DS! He was doing the 2 hour thing, and I was getting nothing done at all. In the end, I had to BF and then top him up with formula after a feed. That would get him to the 4 hour mark. I had to do that, so I could get things done! DD1 was 4 DD2 was 2 when he was born, so it was a little busy.