+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    DID I say it's EXACTLY the same? no. I just said I wouldn't trust a stranger looking after my baby. Typical bub hub crap. People twisting what you say around and make it something else.

ALL I said was Nope all I think of is Madeline macann .. and that no I wouldn't ever leave a stranger in a foreign country looking after my baby. big woop. I wouldn't do it in Australia either.
    I understand what you're saying lovely.. Don't worry. You can't say the wrong thing on bub hub lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol. ok, I shouldn't have gone off my tree. I've had a crappy crappy day with these kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    No I wouldn't do it. For a baby your DS's age or an older child. Overseas or in Australia. Too many weirdos and pedophiles that are good at hiding who they really are from unsuspecting parents.

The only care I will consider for my gild is being babysat by someone I know or being looked after in a childcare centre I know.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (30-07-2013),Pilbara  (30-07-2013),SugarSkull  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to Love View Post
    Its just that my brother & SIL who will be there wouldn't even think twice about leaving their baby in this situation because that's just the kind of people they are (not that there is anything wrong with that - I admire them sometimes for being so carefree) I just wasn't sure if I was being a bit precious / hover-mum-ish!?!?
    You're not precious and you're not a hover mum! You're just a mum. A mum who has her limits and who is uncomfortable with certain things and situations. I left DS with my in laws a few weeks ago, 11pm hit and I started to cry because I felt so worried about something happening. I knew nothing would happen and that he was in bed sleeping peacefully but that's just me sometimes.
    You do what's right for you. You need to have a good night as well : )

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes I would and I have. I left my 9 month old DS with one of the staff at the resort we stayed in in Thailand on 3 occasions. Twice at night and once in the day. She had no 'checks' and she wasn't a professional. She had a little girl the same age who came to work with her, and I could see with my own eyes that she was a wonderful mum. Also I'm just a trusting person.
    I am back to being torn - but I guess its not something you can make yourself feel comfortable with, I wish I could be this carefree and trusting at times, I'm still reluctant to leave DS with MIL & FIL.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Addicted to Love For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol. ok, I shouldn't have gone off my tree. I've had a crappy crappy day with these kids.
    I would have gone off my tree as well. You're only human.
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (30-07-2013)

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No I wouldn't. The only people who ever babysit for me are family members or very close friends who know my children.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkingMaid For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-07-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to Love View Post
    I am back to being torn - but I guess its not something you can make yourself feel comfortable with, I wish I could be this carefree and trusting at times, I'm still reluctant to leave DS with MIL & FIL.
    Just because I'm comfortable with it, doesn't mean you should be we have friends who are quote happy to take their kids out at night, and theyre always trying to get us to meet them for dinner with all the kids. That is my idea of personal hell, and I wouldn't do it, because I wouldn't enjoy myself and my kids are used to being in bed asleep by 6.30! Why force yourself to do something just because others think it's fun? Actually come to think of it, that's one of my pet hates, when people try to convince you that something will be fun when you know for certain it won't be, lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha, I read your post exactly how you had intended it which I assume was just to express that bad things can and do happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ipersonally wouldn't... But I've never left any of my boys with a stranger so prolly a lil bias... I would probably consider it over 2/3 but not at 1, still such a baby. But then I've never left my 20 moth old with anyone, even family...

Dont feel pressured. Give them an ultimatum if you need to. Bub comes with me or I don't come... That's what id do. One year olds don't do much!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to mmy2b For This Useful Post:

SugarSkull  (30-07-2013)