+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. We left DS for three hours during the day with a professional nanny at a childcare center at a Sofitel in Morocco. We checked it out first, met the nanny etc.
    I would be comfortable especially if the older children will all be there in the same room...
    However, if you won't enjoy yourself, I wouldn't. Don't feel pressured from anyone else if you are not comfortable.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to michellead For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, I should have elaborated more. The place that is booked for dinner is a very upmarket, skyline bar / restaurant, I am sure the restaurant wouldn't deny me bringing my DS but its not really a feasible option either.

River Song: DS wouldn't sleep with the other kids in the same room, my niece in particular is hyperactive and noisy and I am sure they will misbehave for a nanny. Also, my DS is a routine baby he would need to be in bed by 7pm etc, etc (though I am more than happy to be flexible on holiday) I just can't see him settling to sleep at all in that situation.

Though I admit I don't like to miss out on a party I accept that I'm a mum now and I can't do everything so I am happy to stay behind with DS while the others go out. Its just that my brother & SIL who will be there wouldn't even think twice about leaving their baby in this situation because that's just the kind of people they are (not that there is anything wrong with that - I admire them sometimes for being so carefree) I just wasn't sure if I was being a bit precious / hover-mum-ish!?!?
    Last edited by Addicted to Love; 30-07-2013 at 16:21.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yes I would and I have. I left my 9 month old DS with one of the staff at the resort we stayed in in Thailand on 3 occasions. Twice at night and once in the day. She had no 'checks' and she wasn't a professional. She had a little girl the same age who came to work with her, and I could see with my own eyes that she was a wonderful mum. Also I'm just a trusting person.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

kw123  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Why? She wasn't being looked after by anyone!
    So what?! I just wouldn't trust strangers looking after my baby. Especially in a foreign country.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    So what?! I just wouldn't trust strangers looking after my baby. Especially in a foreign country.
    Yes, a stranger (especially a foreign stranger) looking after your child is *exactly the same* as leaving them all alone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Yes, a stranger (especially a foreign stranger) looking after your child is *exactly the same* as leaving them all alone.
    DID I say it's EXACTLY the same? no. I just said I wouldn't trust a stranger looking after my baby. Typical bub hub crap. People twisting what you say around and make it something else.

ALL I said was Nope all I think of is Madeline macann .. and that no I wouldn't ever leave a stranger in a foreign country looking after my baby. big woop. I wouldn't do it in Australia either.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (30-07-2013),SugarSkull  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My cousin does it every time he goes to Fiji, Bali or Thailand. A lot of the hotels have babysitting services. He and his wife leave their son a few times a week while on holidays and go out to dinner, clubs etc.
    I wouldn't use them personally.. I wouldn't be able to go out and relax. I'd have all sorts of thoughts running through my head. I find it hard leaving DS in daycare when I see there's a new carer. That's just me always being paranoid : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The nannies I have used overseas have frankly been way better than any I've used in Australia.

But if you wouldn't enjoy yourself then no point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    DID I say it's EXACTLY the same? no. I just said I wouldn't trust a stranger looking after my baby. Typical bub hub crap. People twisting what you say around and make it something else.

ALL I said was Nope all I think of is Madeline macann .. and that no I wouldn't ever leave a stranger in a foreign country looking after my baby. big woop. I wouldn't do it in Australia either.
    You didn't say anything else apart from the Maddy McCann thing. Which just made me think you thought she was taken while being babysat by a local.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just read your post properly and it sounds like you already have your answer. If it makes you feel uncomfortable and it's going to ruin your night, why leave him? Don't do anything to please anybody else, especially when it comes to your children. You'll kick yourself for not sticking to your guns.
    You do what feels right for *you.* If your family members have a problem, tell them to deal with it. Your child, your choice.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Addicted to Love  (30-07-2013)