+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Blocked ear!

It's so annoying for the last 2 days my ears have been blocked. My right is completely blocked ie I can't hear a thing. It feels like I'm underwater all the time. I went to the chemist and got drops but they haven't done anything. I've tried holding my nose and blowing and it's not equalising. I've tried warming olive oil and dropping few drops in my ear to loosen the wax (if that's what it is) but nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had this about a month ago and it turned out to be an infection so maybe you should get it checked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to the drs for this once, thinking it was the start of an ear infection. It wasn't. He told me that nasal spray would work (like Fess) as nasal passages and ears are all connected. It worked after a day of using the nasal spray.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get blocked ears often and I can't stand it. Mine is due to wax build up so I have to get waxol eardrops to soften the wax then after a few days I go to the Dr who flushes it out. Once both my ears were blocked and it was awful.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My ears are a real pain. I have inherited something from my Mum where the ear canal goes off at a weird angle, and the wax gets stuck. After years of problems with them, I am very naughty, and now keep a supply of those thin black hairclips, and every now and then when I can feel them going weird on me, I very carefully and gently clean the wax out with a hairclip.

After always telling me NEVER to put anything smaller than my elbow in my ears, my Mum does exactly the same thing with her ears!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    My ears are a real pain. I have inherited something from my Mum where the ear canal goes off at a weird angle, and the wax gets stuck. After years of problems with them, I am very naughty, and now keep a supply of those thin black hairclips, and every now and then when I can feel them going weird on me, I very carefully and gently clean the wax out with a hairclip.

After always telling me NEVER to put anything smaller than my elbow in my ears, my Mum does exactly the same thing with her ears!
    Eek I did something similar once and I ended up with the worst infection...swollen face, couldn't move, heavy painkillers omg never again

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    O dear! I've never had a problem...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ozeymumof5 View Post
    I get blocked ears often and I can't stand it. Mine is due to wax build up so I have to get waxol eardrops to soften the wax then after a few days I go to the Dr who flushes it out. Once both my ears were blocked and it was awful.
    I had the same thing a few months ago. I did exactly as ozeymumof5 has said above.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd say a wax build up as well if there isn't any pain?
    I just had both my ears syringed at the GP, uncomfortable but amazing afterwards!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get checked ASAP. Hearing loss in one ear can be something other than just a wax blockage. Do you have any ringing or pulsing or other noises?

Hopefully it's just wax blockage but its better to get it checked - just in case!