+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep pay for public holidays and no make up days (it's a full centre so no spots). They still need to pay for staff on public holidays which is the main reason for it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kw123 For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We pay for ds if he is sick.....I do find it slightly annoying especially because I'm doing the right thing by not letting him go and other parents still send their kids sick....and they are the reason my kid is sick.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummtime101 For This Useful Post:

Patience Belmont  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whilst I understand their reasoning im still allowed to vent aren't I? At my eldest daughters daycare they used to charge half price for sick days and half price for holidays. This daycare, which is great don't get me wrong, has the same policy as all other daycares, which as I said I do understand but makes things tough if you have to be off work because the child is unable to go to daycare, and in some cases you don't get paid but still have to pay $85 a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Unfortunately it's standard.

At one centre we've been to if you book in holidays longer than a week, with a certain amount of notice, it was like 50% off because that helped them maybe fill some of those days or give staff time off etc.

It's crappy though.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Well they still have to pay their staff. You still get rebate and benefit if you qualify.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    Yep pay for public holidays and no make up days (it's a full centre so no spots). They still need to pay for staff on public holidays which is the main reason for it.
    My centre does not charge public holidays

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My centre does not charge public holidays
    Nice! I'm CBD so they can pretty much fleece me and there is nothing I can do about it. In fact I begged them for a spot lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As I said I understand but its still ****, luckily I am not casual anymore but if I was it would be a lot of money to pay when you don't actually get paid. For childcare I think there should be a certain amount of days allocated for sick days, the amount we pay in fees they could surely sort something out. Kids always get sick, especially in their first 6 months! Can kind of see why people send their sick children into daycare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its a pain (I have two children who attended daycare) but, I see the centres point. They have had to cater for your children being there - staff, consumables, food etc. Their costs are not reduced by you not attending at short notice. What would they do when half the room is out with something like hand foot and mouth? They have to assume all the children that are booked are coming. If they didnt charge for that then they would run at a loss for the day. That could have a knock on effect with the quality of care provided as they cut costs........

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah it's tough if you don't get paid