+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Vaginal Temping HELP

i cant get the hang of this vagina temping thing, this morning again 2 difff readings as i think when i get lower reading im not putting in far enough so i put back in push little bit further in and get from 36.04 to 36.33, same thihg yesterday roughly, grrr vagina temping is hard compared to mouth lol

how do i no how far

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vaginal temping? I've never heard of that. Anyone else?

Do you mean 'temping' in order to help predict ovulation?

If so, you need only take your tempetature the good old fashioned way...orally.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    Vaginal temping? I've never heard of that. Anyone else?

Do you mean 'temping' in order to help predict ovulation?

If so, you need only take your tempetature the good old fashioned way...orally.

Is actually better to do it vaginally as it's more accurate. The mouth had hot spots so if it's not in the exact same spot every single day temps will vary.

I just held it by the end and put it in. You have to actually put it in though not just the tip. Take the first reading.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IndigoJ For This Useful Post:

Suzi446  (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sheesh...I had no idea...!!! Thank you IndigoJ & Tracyc, this has been a revelation. Hmm, makes me wonder why someone hasn't developed a thermometer that is better suited to be inserted into the vagina.
    So, do most people who temp do it orally or vaginally? Curious now about how much more accurate it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The couple of degrees variation in oral to vaginal core temp can be the difference is knowing exactly were you are for ovulation.
    now on a silly note, when I first read the topic I laughed out loud, I found it intriguing that you could be/or have a vaginal temp and was curious if that was an hourly rate or an on call type thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert01 View Post
    sheesh...I had no idea...!!! Thank you IndigoJ & Tracyc, this has been a revelation. Hmm, makes me wonder why someone hasn't developed a thermometer that is better suited to be inserted into the vagina.
    So, do most people who temp do it orally or vaginally? Curious now about how much more accurate it is.

I think people are mostly squeamish about doing it vaginally. I found it easier than doing it orally. Google tongue hot spots to give you an idea on how the temps vary.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not squeamish...just lazy...harder to reach my vagina at that hour of the morning but I should test it out. I guess you'd also have to be quite dedicated and disciplined about cleaning the thermometer due to infection etc although this could be equally true for the mouth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    because im not to familiar with my vagina sorry sounds weird
    i think i only just put the tip in thinking its in, and then sorry TMI i push a bit further and feel it actually slide in does that make sense
    so i think my lower reading was because it was just inside the flap bits lmao
    not actually pushed in properly,
    is half way up thermometer ok or to far, is there a way to measure same each time maybe using a finger along side it or something i dunno lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    I held it by the end and put it in but stopped before the screen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok thanks ill do that then