+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by risfaerie View Post
    Often, it is less "not trying" and more "not supported or educated".
    Yes this times a thousand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I don't disagree with anything you've said. I myself was kicked out of hospital 23 hours after a very traumatic birth experience and I had no idea what I was doing at all.

I still don't think that it's helpful for other members to point out that other members gave up BF for the wrong reasons (due to incorrect info for example). We already feel enough guilt, as you know. I realise FTM might not be one of the more vulnerable FFs out there, and don't consider myself to be one either, but there are plenty on here who really struggle and beat themselves up about it.
    I think you are reading too much into my post.

I did not say anywhere that she stopped breastfeeding for the wrong reasons.

I've also stated many times that I have ff my first. My son also had formula from just after 6 months as I found expressing too time consuming when I went back to work. There is still a tin of formula in my cupboard that I bought after my third was born if things didn't work out. So once again, please stop making assumptions about the intention of my post.
    Last edited by BigRedV; 08-08-2013 at 18:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wasn't making assumptions about the intent of your post. I was talking about the impact that it had, which may not have been what you intended.

I realise you didn't intentionally offend or upset anyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kw123 View Post
    I wasn't making assumptions about the intent of your post. I was talking about the impact that it had, which may not have been what you intended.

I realise you didn't intentionally offend or upset anyone.
    Well if you didn't make assumptions, you took it the wrong way. You've said I lacked tact, that I was out of order etc. etc.

I did not say anywhere she stopped for the wrong reasons or anything of the sort.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    big red, have not read your posts & was not referring to you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I could not have breast fed I would have formula fed - and there were so many times when I swore I could not do another feed my nipples were so burning! I had a tin of formula on standby. BF is very hard at first! I basically wore DS night and day and the more he sucked the more the milk came. I had no life for 3 months though (which was fine with me as I was dealing with an enormous amount if grief at the same time). I could easily have switched to formula, but I just really wanted to BF that's all. I had to wear nipple shields for a while until the agony suddenly went away one day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimeMummy2012 View Post
    What I don't understand is why is it assumed that FF is a difficult decision or an opinion along those lines? I chose FF because I didn't want to BF and there was no guilt nor difficulty with my decision. Didn't anyone else feel that way or am I the only one? Granted I never got milk but if I had, I still would have chosen FF.

Anyways, sorry ... a bit off topic
    For me it wasn't about breastfeeding failure, breastfeeding was going well but I chose to make a slow transition to formula feeding, as did most people I've come across, or they decided at the start to only breastfeed during the initial time in hospital or the first couple or weeks or whatever then make the switch. It was the best decision overall for our family even though breastfeeding was established with no problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles10 View Post
    I see breastfeeding as more than just providing nutrition. Maybe that is why a see greater value in it than other women???

If i was to formula feed, I would be trying to mimic breastfeeding as much as possible - the way baby is held, changing sides, cue (demand) feeding, skin contact, one carer...

I understand that other people don't value this, and see benefit in being able to share care, have baby get used to more than one feed give feeds, being able to schedule feeds and measure the amount of milk that baby has taken...
    I breastfed initially but pumping was actually getting in the way of time that coule be spent with the baby, so instead of spending time away from work playing, talking, reading, holding, singing to baby, I was pumping, or I would be up half the night pumping then get cranky when she woke early because I hadn't had enough sleep yet. I did mix feed for a while, but even that was difficult because we'd battle every feed and I preferred to get the feed done to play more or do other things with her than to battle and get cross trying to make her take the breast at home instead of crying for the bottle, then feeds would take forever and be unenjoyable. Of course breastmilk would have been the better milk, but like I said another time, there are also other things that are important. Maybe in a different set of circumstances things would be different. But our life how it was and how it is now meant that the best thing was to make that switch to give us more quality time together. We have a great bond and love doing things together. Also with a sick or premmie baby or someone with allergies it would be different again, you do what you need to do. After reading things on here, I realise not everyone is lucky enough to make that choice and are forced into stopping when they don't want to. So a huge hug to all those who are struggling with that, it must be difficult.