+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Luteal Phase Defect

I would like to hear from ladies that have been diagnosed with a LPD.

I have had two failed IVF cycles and about to embark on my third. I have been charting my cycles for a couple of months now and the trend I've found is that i start heavy spotting/light bleeding 8-9 days after ovaluation symptoms (this is not confirmed with opks, I've never had a positive on one despite using one for 14 days straight for several cycles).

On Friday, I started bleeding, which slowed to heavy spotting over the weekend. My progesterone on Friday was still 40, so far too high to be AF. Today I'm experiencing full flow AF but my progesterone is still sitting high at 16.7

After a quick Google is wasn't hard to find that this isn't right. My nurse coordinator thinks it can be fixed with extra progesterone support, but my levels are fine. One type of LPD I found was where the lining doesn't respond to the progesterone. I won't see my FS until EPU now.

Our infertility is caused by a number of issues, Endo, PCOS, Blocked tube and MFI.

Does anyone have any ideas or advice? Thank you all in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ngaiz!
    I also had LPD. Some cycles I would bleed from 6 days post transfer even the 3 days.
    Our issues were similar to you. Endo, mild pocs, blocked tube, mfi.

My FS said it was likely an issue with progesterone... I used 2 x pessaries per day from 4 days before transfer this cycle. I also did accupuncture to start sorting my cycle lengths (common for me to have 2 AF in a 4-5 week period).

Not sure what was the fix but if we werent successful my pessary use was going to be dramatically increased next cycle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apologies crinone for first 3 weeks then pessaries. I have also heard that crinone doesnt neccesarily show accurately in BT due to how your body absorbs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi not IVF but I did have a LPD of 8 days. I probably will never know what the problem was but my progesterone was also high until I started AF so it must have done a very quick plummet.

I believe the problem was never my luteal phase and progesterone, even though I was put on progesterone support but poor egg quality, because it was bad eggs the progesterone dropped and AF started early.

Anyway 2 months of acupuncture and i'm pregnant. Sorted out the LP problem, or the egg problem. Anyway if you've never tried acupuncture I can't recommend it enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I'm not on the IVF journey but just wanted to share my experience with LPD.
    I had a lateal phase of 7-9 days. After some research and speaking with a naturopath regarding regulating my cycles I started taking Vitex (agnus-castus). I increased my lateal phase to 12-14 days. We did have a chemical pregnancy after a few 'ideal' cycles but after my body sorted itself out we are now expecting our baby any day!
    I wish you so much luck in your baby journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you all for taking the time to reply.

I've been told that i will be on Crinone twice a day in the tww (anyone that's used it will understand just how excited i am about that).

I took Vitex about four years ago when we first started trying and it didn't seem to help at all with my cycle. I've also been told that it shouldn't be taken in the tww as there is no evidence of is safety so I'm going to give B6 a go for this cycle. How long should one take it for? If I have no luck this time I will definitely take it for a few months before cycling again as I suspect it may be too late to have much of an effect.

I had a great response with acupunture in my second cycle, I went from 7 eggs to 14 and it did push my LP out to 12 days. I think I will try it again, did you take any herbs?

Are there any questions I should be asking? Had anyone had an endometrial biopsy?

Once again thank you.