+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My daughter was the same. She had her own little language until she was about 2. She knew heaps of other words but wasn't stringing long sentences together. Now she's almost 3 and she is talking heaps. Don't be too worried, they talk at different rates and its normal!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD1 didn't say a word until she was 19 months. I was worried but a referral to a peadatrician (sp?) said not many kids get to 5 years of age without talking. Now she never shuts up and is the biggest talker in the house (aged 6)!

Ky is offline <--- Ruby, the most precious little red gem ever!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My 18mo says very few recognisable words but she does babble constantly and has the right inflections and the art of conversation pretty much down pat! She knows how to communicate and at the moment isn't too worried about putting names to things it seems.

My eldest was talking at 9mo and using full sentences at 12mo. I thought that was normal and was shocked when my second didn't even say mama or dada until he was 2 ½ yo. A month or so later, he was speaking with a large vocabulary and with absolute clarity so he was obviously a silent observer.

So, I know from experience that I don't really need to worry about my baby as she is actively communicating, is learning new things all of the time and will end up talking soon enough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't worry at that age at all. I've four kids. One started talking before 12 months, another one was still baby talking well after two years and only a handful of words and he is fine now (he is 4).