+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I'm reading it differently - it's the older sibling who's not coping and the OP gets called to get him after an hour as he just cries for her and can't be consoled?? Is that right OP?
    I thought the same as you.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miados2007 For This Useful Post:

Californication  (29-07-2013),saxonrose  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh i misunderstood. I thought she was only sending him for an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I thought that at first too, but I think he isn't coping and she's being called to get him.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

LollyDolly  (29-07-2013)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't keep sending him there if he hasn't gelled with the centre & the staff. For his own sake. I'd look around for occasional care etc, also read "the highly sensitive child". And google "the stepladder approach" for a way of helping with the desperation anxiety

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

LollyDolly  (29-07-2013)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ah right! I misread it, sorry OP.

It does sound like he's struggling, having insensitive carers is probably not helping the situation. I hope you can find a solution that works for everyone x

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

LollyDolly  (29-07-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your replies. Sorry if there was any confusion, yes its my oldest son who is struggling. Sorry I was in a bad mood when I wrote it so was rushing.

He is only going for a little while because they want him to get used to being left and me returning and then once he's used to that then extend the time left. But he's just not getting used to it at all. I'm thinking about contacting a family daycare and talking to them about it. The only thing I like about a centre is they always have someone to sit with him but then again he's always with different people.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    I'm reading it differently - it's the older sibling who's not coping and the OP gets called to get him after an hour as he just cries for her and can't be consoled?? Is that right OP?
    Yes the first few times they called me to get him and then asked that I just leave for a small amount of time so he gets used to the idea that I am returning. I'm not sure if I doing the right thing or not? Pushing him too hard seems to make him worse though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolier View Post
    I can see two sides to it as I worked in child care for 6 years. I think if after two months he is still not settling then I would pull him out. I would look at another child care or family day care. I send my daughter to family day care only 1 day a week and she loves it. I think your little one would benefit greatly from the smaller ratios.
    The child care ladies shouldnt be rude though , no matter what. Ive been in a similar situation but instead I had a good talk to thr parents. Its really stressful on carers when a child is upset all day and you cant settle them, but they should also be trying to work with you to help it in someway. If it had of only been a few weeks I would have said keep sticking with it, but two months I think is too long.

It could be the environment, carers, other children etc setting your little one off.

Even if you looking at family day care for a while and when older and more settled you could do child care?
    Good luck though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes I can completely understand how difficult it would be for carers.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a little update. I've decided to send ds for 2 days a week to his cousins daycare. He adores his cousin and they have said if he is very upset they can take him to visit her room to hopefully settle him down. Fingers crossed this helps him settle in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your son, what a stressful situation. I've worked in child care for 9 years and have had a few similar to yours. Moving to his cousins centre is a nice idea. Talking to the staff and if they can accommodate by having you leave him with the same carer each visit would also help. Slowly stretch his day out. For the first little while leave him until just before lunch time then slowly increase the amount of time he is left there by an hour every week or so talk to him about our "mummy will come get you after you have had some lunch at day care" or "today your going to stay for rest time and then mummy will pick you up". You may find having a plan with the staff will ease things over time. He will be upset at first but if you really want this to work out might be worth a try. Good luck!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app