+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default White noise

Hi all
    I would like your opinions on White noise. I've found it to be fantastic in settling my 3mo off to sleep. I use during day naps and at nights. My dd is a catnapper and I've found she can sometimes transition sleep cycles of I crank it up when she hits the 45 min mark and then go into next sleep cycle (lying in bed next to her crib and just successfully did this at 45 min mark)

I'm a first time mum and my question is is this a sleep did? Could I be creating a rod for my own back? She sleeps in prams when our for walks but main sleeps are at home in crib?

Any thoughts/good or bad experiences with white noise would be great

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry SLEEP AID I meant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm sure some people might think it is a sleep aid, but at that age I still think you have to do whatever works. We used white noise occasionally.

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I used white noise as a sleep aid for my DS2 and it worked very well. He now sleeps in his own room without white noise (he's 2).

The only problem is that I used to co-sleep with him, so I actually became addicted to the white noise myself and I now have problems sleeping without some background noise

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've used white noise for my dd since birth. She has one of those cloud nine giraffe in her room and a sleep sheep in the car. She's spent a lot of time in hospital and it really works. In saying that. . she can fall asleep without it at 8 months. .
    So I don't think it's a huge problem. Does it matter if it is a sleep aid? I think it works more in blocking out other noises so she isn't startled awake.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had the sleep sheep as well. It worked really well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We use it too, my bub loves it. we have this star thing and tells us room temp etc and plays music drives me insane but makes her sleep