+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm so glad I found this thread. I have had 10 miscarriages, the only test that has come back abnormal is my NK cells are high. I have tried predisilone and clexane and this hasn't worked. I am interested in the intralipid therapy and I'm in Melbourne. I am also speaking to a specilaist Mr Shehata in the UK about using the anti malaria tablet to suppress the NK cells. Any help or adive would be really appreciated, I am desperate.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lite Fantastic where in Melbourne did you have the intralipid therapy? And how much did it cost? Do you think this was the reason you successfully carried your son? Sorry for all the questions, I'm at the point of desperation after having my 10th miscarriage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Carlar78: this thread is a bit inactive. I dont recall the melbourne dr name who does intralipid. Perhaps u should try NK cell thread under reproductive immunology. That thread is active. I was told that it takes 2 cycles to get the meds working but some ppl have luck with first go. All the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlar78 View Post
    Lite Fantastic where in Melbourne did you have the intralipid therapy? And how much did it cost? Do you think this was the reason you successfully carried your son? Sorry for all the questions, I'm at the point of desperation after having my 10th miscarriage.
    Hi Carlar78,

Dr Nick Lolatgis at Monash IVF is Melbourne's most immune-friendly FS, he practices in Clayton and also Epworth Richmond (Bridge Rd). He does intralipids from his Clayton rooms for $150 or $300 I think, you buy your intralipid solution from the chemist and bring it with you to his rooms where a nurse will administer it. Takes about 2 hours all up.

For me the change from Prednisolone to Dexamethasone is what got me pregnant, followed up with intralipids and LIT.but the change in steroids to stronger Dex is what did the trick for me.

Have you consulted Dr Matthias in Sydney as well? He is still the foremost Dr in Australia for testing and diagnosing immune conditions and Dr Nick can be your Mebourne doctor to oversee IVF and immune treatment.

Hope this helps, lots of luck and babydust, let me know if I can be of further help xo

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlar78 View Post
    Hi Carlar78 - me again

Are you trying Plaquenil as the anti malarial drug? I have not tried this but my haemotologist suggested this to me as well. It is used instead of steroids I believe?? It has the same effect on the T cells I think and not as strong as Dex. I would be interested to know more if you can share.

Sent from my iPad using Bub Hub app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure yet hon as I haven't had the phone consult with Mr Shehata. Unfortunately the last few months have been hard on us financially so we have had to take a break to get the bank account back up. Once we have the cash I will make the appointment.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Plaquinol

Hi Carlar 78 and Litefantastic,
    Carlar 78 how did you get on with starting plaquinol?
    I just joined and after repeated miscarriages & biochemicals I've just started plaquinol daily instead of steriods.
    My immune issues are positive for ANA ab, acl ab, lupus anticoagulant, suspect uterine cd 56 nk cells high.
    I'm about see DrM in Sydney to assess my immune results and see if plaquinol is sufficient, for nk cells.
    I m concerned I may need intrilipids or ivig as well.
    It be interesting if don't need steriods as I can't take high doses.
    Be lovely hear back if anyone has all antibodies I have and got success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @KirstyA: if you haven't come across high natural killer cell thread, head over there. Most of the ladies there are DrM patients. They can probably answer your question.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Natural killers

Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @KirstyA: if you haven't come across high natural killer cell thread, head over there. Most of the ladies there are DrM patients. They can probably answer your question.
    Can you send me link to the High natural killer cells thread.
    There's a few and unsure which one.

Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lite fantastic,

Your immune is almost similar, ANA, nk, mthfr. I have Antiohospholipid and lupus Anticoagulant to add to mix.
    I seen Dr Mathias and said intralipids wouldn't work and need ivig.
    I've been taking plaquinol past 10 months no steroids in Ivf cycles no implantation.

Anyone know any immune Ivf drs in Qld????
    Last edited by KirstyA; 14-08-2015 at 11:12.