+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Intralipid for ivf what dose?

i have had intralipid for ivf before but i cant remember if it was 200mls or more?
    can someone remind me ?
    Thx so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Mousse,

I just had my first infusion and it was a 500mL bottle of a 20% intralipid solution.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mousse,

I've been given 200ml which is about half a bottle on all three occasions in Melbourne.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    I'm travelling to Barbados in a couple of weeks and they've just told me they'd like me to have intralipid infusions. If I get a BFP, some of those will be in Australia. Can i get an idea of what the cost might be? Are you ladies willing to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Net,

My intralipids cost me $1325. That's $675 for the room at Hurstville private and $650 for my doctor (Dr Matthias). This is in Sydney.

If you have PHI then you should be covered for the hospital stay and only need to pay the $650. There is no rebate for this so it's all out of pocket.

Just be aware that dr Matthias has a long wait time for first appointments.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Simpson. I thought it was expensive. I am using clexane and prednisolone this time but don't really have any definite knowledge that I have immune issues so am not sure of going to that expense. I'm in Perth and dont have private health so it is probably out of my reach at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're welcome . I think you would have a hard time finding someone in Perth to give you intralipids, one of the girls on our immunology thread is Perth based and flew to Syd for her treatments. Adding the cost of flights and accommodation would make it even tougher on the bank balance!
    Hopefully the pred & clexane will be good enough to help your embies stick

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Net3811: if u want names in perth, PM me. I was with DrM because it was our last embie. I was doing all i could. Forked out $4k+ just for the FET in the east. It is a failed cycle unfortunately. I might give it a go on the names i know here in perth if we ever proceed donor. DrM intralipid price tag is 5stars as compared to Brisbane and Melbourne charges.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Net3811  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks BB. I've decided to stop trying now. I had thrown so much at my Barbados trip. ($8000 with the holiday). The thought of the level of debt I would have to pay off to try again just made my heart sink. I've refinanced my home loan and am doing a few tiny mods to keep my home sale-able. It is only a unit in Kwinana so wont increase in price enough for another refinance. I'm still grieving now but slowly moving forward.

I'm ever so sorry about the failed cycle.

Annette

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Net: it is never easy. I was putting so much efforts on my last cycle. NK cell testing, biopsies (twice!), flying east 3 times, acupuncture for months and special acupuncture treatment on the day of transfer, intralipid, more consultations, embryo glue, more injections. In the end just heartache. I dont even want to talk about the $17k we poured in last year -- am about to fight with the phi for partial rebate. And yet, cant have DH biological child. Financial stress is certainly one thing! We don't own a home at the moment given how much $ we need to pour in if we decide to proceed in the east. Why dont u try east rather than barbado? There is no waiting list at some clinics.