+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 month old holding wee overnight

My 9 month old has been holding her wees during the day & we were getting leaks with every nappy when she did pee, until I put her in bamboo fitteds, but now she's holding her wees overnight (around 10 hours) too. We bedshare, she wakes frequently & feeds many many times overnight, so I'm not sure why she's not weeing until 5.30 or 6.30 in the morning when she does a mega wee, which just pours out of the side of the nappy & soaks us both. Not sure what to do, should I get her up in the night to encourage her to wee? Could this be a medical issue? She isn't walking yet so I really doubt she is ready for toilet training. Also this is not related, but when she poos she leans over like she's trying to stand on her head, does anyone else's bub do this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would probably take her to the GP just to rule out anything and if there isn't any problems then I would put her on the potty frequently. She possibly doesn't like the feeling of wee in her nappy. My youngest who's 17 months holds her wee over night but we do early TT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tried putting a bigger nappy over the top? Might stop the leaks. Does she wee regularly through the day?

Thanks
    Reviews
    she's in a lge baby beehinds night nappy as it is, so couldn't really put anything over that, plus it's not really the nappy that's the problem, i'm more concerned that she's going that long without emptying her bladder. she pees frequently through the day, but did seem to be holding a bit, which is why i had to change her nappies to fitteds. (but i change her every 3 or so hours and her nappy is always wet).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd always see my GP if I was worried BUT...

Our boy went through a stage, a few months ago now, maybe at five/six months (I forget), when he didn't pee at all at night, from 7pm to 5am when he would wake up briefly for a trip to the loo. I always take him to the toilet in the mornings, and have done since he was six weeks.

Anyway, during that time I noticed his huggies were light in the morning so I tried him in cloth overnight - and they were DRY in the morning! Not every night but often. And we also bed share and at that time he was feeding about every two/three hours. But he's not like that anymore (now 10 months) and we are back to huggies overnight.

So my suggestion would be - take your bub to the loo as soon as she wakes up. Or put her on a potty and tell her to put her pee in there so that you both don't get wet.
    Last edited by debsch; 30-07-2013 at 21:54.