+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Periods disappeared

I had my DD 14 months ago and stopped BF 5 months ago. I had a period whilst BF and two light periods after i stopped BF and nothing since, so just over three months without a period... I get mild pain when it's due but no period, not even spotting. I started on the same pill I was on for 8 years prior to DD and always had normal 28 day cycles, we didn't have any problems falling pregnant with DD.

My doctor has done a blood test and my thyroid function and hormone levels are normal, and I'm not pregnant! He wants me to wait another 2 months before referring for a scan but that seems like a long wait.

My DD was born at 25 weeks due to placental abruption and APH and I had a crash CS under general. I worry that the "clean up" from the haemorrhage or just the CS itself may have caused an issue, however the fact I had a couple of periods doesn't seem to indicate a physical blockage / adhesion.

Has anyone experienced similar or have any thoughts on this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could be stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you lost a lot of weight? Sometime s when women lost weight they drop below a certain threshold and it switches their cycles off

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think your well within your rights to go back to your doctor and ask for the referral now. Your concerned and I think you should get it checked out. If there is a simple scan that could put your mind at ease now, then I think that should be given to you. If your GP cant manage that, then I think you should get a new one.