Closed Thread
Page 9 of 93 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    damn af arrived 2-3 days early, plus side should be gone by my birthday.
    We have our first fs appointment today. I'm nervous as to what to expect. We saw another fs about 18 months ago but we never went any further than the first appointment due to "taking a break" amongst other things. I just want to get everything going now!!!
    So cute dh had 2 eggs this morning and both had double yolks, he said it was an omen lol he can be so sweet sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    So looks like due to being interstate etc when EPU and et would be in September we are now starting mid-end October when af shows. The dr advices due to my history ivf is the best place to start which is fine with me, no wasting money on iui if it won't work. Good news is dh sperm is completely normal which is a relief now just to wait!! Oh the fun!! Hopefully with all the events etc that are planned for the next 2 months it won't be a long wait!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Rainbowrain - good luck with your 1st cycle... your IVF journey is a very short one. Bubhub is a great place to come and discuss everything, I know it's been my savour through the whole thing!! Welcome also to Megsarama, sorry your transfer couldn't go ahead but better to be safe than sorry as from what i hear OHSS is NOT nice! Plus FET % success is slightly higher now to a fresh transfer so this will be it for you!!

AFM I picked up my new meds on Friday then on my way out of the clinic I stopped to use the ladies and guess who showed up... AF!! So injections start tonight (bit nervous about mixing up the menopur, anyone else done it?) 1st scan on Wednesday... i'm excited and nervous at the same time. I haven't told anyone about this cycle (except DH of course) so glad I have you all cause it's killing me not discussing everything with my Mum!!

I have updated the roll call - please let me know if you have any other updates:

Also what day transfer is everyone doing? 2, 3, 4 or 5??

Congratulations to MrsCarlton who got her BFP naturally!! amazing!!!!

Roll Call

Stim Cycles
    - Rainbow Rain -1st stim cycle in September
    - Sandra13 - 1st stim cycle in Oct - Injections start 22/9 - Estimated EPU 16/10
    - Minib - 1st stim cycle in September - Down Reg - on the OCP ATM
    - Sparklemonkey - 1st stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - Booboo78 - 2nd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - stc76 - 3rd stim cycle in September - Injections start 26/8
    - Chiefsgirl - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - Spring Rain - 3rd stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - Nise35 - stim cycle in Sep/Oct
    - MGC Bertie - Stim cycle in October
    - Heartstringz - IVF-PGD cycle Sept/Oct - Estimated EPU Oct 11th

FET cycle
    Becca85 - FET in September
    Loolu - FET in October
    Megsarama26 - FET in Sep/Oct

Currently cycling
    - JB2011 - 3rd stim cycle - Injections started 24/8
    - hposs - 3rd stim cycle - Synarel started 16/8

****BFP*****
    MrsCarlton - Natural BFP in "month off" - fingers crossed for BT!!!!!!

Unsure
    GabberQueenN83 - ?
    Last edited by Jb2011; 24-08-2013 at 16:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb2011.... thanks for the roll call. It's a bit sad seeing my name in the list of all the women doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles, when mine will be my 6th stim cycle. Maybe I should take the positive spin of being "experienced"!!! I have never been lucky to get any frosties, so each time have had to start a whole new stim cycle.

I'm debating what type of transfer to have this time - I've had a 2dt, a 3dt and a 5dt - all three unsuccessful, so really am unsure. I will probably do a 5dt again this time, grow them out and choose the best for 5dt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC yea definitely see it as experience and that you can help advise those who are new to IVF!

Do you mind me asking what your protocols have been each time? What changes have been made along the way? Have you ever had/considered a double transfer?

I'm all about the positive thinking at the moment... You WILL get your BFP

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    Chiefsgirl I have had 2 epsom salt baths this week - very relaxing! How often do you apply the magnesium spray? and where - all over? Not long til you start injections...
    Hi JB, sorry for the delay in responding, I remembered seeing this q and not responding!

I eapplt the magnesium spray three to four times a week, after my shower, I put it all over my body. It's one of those funny things, you don't know if its working or not. But I suffer from arthritis in both my knees and I haven't had any symptoms since I started using it. It's nicer than another tablet, so you never really know if it works or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Jb2011.... thanks for the roll call. It's a bit sad seeing my name in the list of all the women doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd cycles, when mine will be my 6th stim cycle. Maybe I should take the positive spin of being "experienced"!!! I have never been lucky to get any frosties, so each time have had to start a whole new stim cycle.

I'm debating what type of transfer to have this time - I've had a 2dt, a 3dt and a 5dt - all three unsuccessful, so really am unsure. I will probably do a 5dt again this time, grow them out and choose the best for 5dt.
    Don't give up hope though, I've read so many BFP results lately from BH'ers who were in there 'teens' of cycles!

Thanks
    Reviews
    First clinic - Next Generation

* stim cycle #1 "Flare" protocol
    - FSH injections from day after AF (technically D1), trigger D8, crinone cream

* stim cycle #2 "Flare" protocol
    - Lucrin (10) and Gonal F (350) from D2 of AF, trigger Pregnyl on D13, crinone cream

Changed clinics, as we needed anonymous donor sperm, and Next Gen doesn't have that.

Second Clinic - IVF Australia

* stim cycle #3 - "Long Down Reg"
    - Syranel spray D21, Gonal F (300) from D0 of AF, trigger D13, pessaries

* stim cycle #4 - "Long Down Reg"
    - Syranel spray D21, Menopur (300) from D5 of AF (aparently Menopur isn't timed with AF, but rather from Syranel), trigger on D15 Ovidrel - one and a half doses, as the extra increases final egg maturity (apparently), pessaries, Pregnyl injections (only because I was concerned about having a short Luteral phase - no-one had suggested this before)

* stim cycle #5 - "Antogonist"
    - now my FS says that many women in the over 40s group, don't do well at "Long Down", so now he changes it, after trying that twice!! Menopur (450) from D1 of AF, Orgalutran (250) from D5 of AF, trigger Ovidrel one and a half on D12, pessaries, Pregnyl injections

Don't know if any of that will really help anyone. What I have learnt is that the meds and dosages differ greatly from woman to woman, depending on factors such as age, medical conditions and just own body. There doesn't seem to be any magic formula.

I have only had three transfers - all single transfers on 2dt, 3dt and recently 5dt. It was recommended (strongly) to me not to have a double transfer, due to having Grave's Disease (a life-threatening thyroid condition, controlled entirely by daily medication) - apparently a pregnancy will require even more BTs then I do now, to adjust dosages, and that twins will send levels sky-high, that the risk isn't worth it. However, I was told that information about a year ago now, and since this last cycle had two that could have been transferred on 3dt (both 8 cell), but by 5dt only one was early blast and the other took another day to get there (so wasn't good enough to freeze) I'm going to ask again about 3dt vs 5dt, and what the thought is now about a double transfer for me. The thought of me carrying twins full-term is quite scary, as I also have mild osteoporosis, so I don't know if my back would hold me up!! But the thought of losing an embryo this last cycle, that could have been viable, has made me re-think things. If nothing else, it's down on my list of questions for my next appointment :-))

Chiefsgirl.... I feel I could still attempt a few more cycles, but at the moment DH is quite adament that after this 6th cycle with my eggs, that we have to do something different. I keep telling him about women taking certain huge numbers of cycles to get their BFP, but I think the money is annoying him (he's an accountant!!). But then again, my Mum has paid for half of my cycles so far - isn't she lovely?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 24-08-2013 at 20:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC what a journey you have had so far with hurdles to overcome! The fact that you are where you are and still have more cycles in you is inspiring. I truly believe every woman has the right to be a mother if she wants to be and believe that it will happen for her some just take longer to get there than others. Don't you think this whole process makes us stronger, more patient, not to mention well educated on the male and female reproductive system and realise what a miracle life truly is. The fact people get pregnant on one night stands astounds me!!!!!!!!!!

Are you on any supplements? Have you done anything like melatonin or DHEA for egg quality? Calcium activation for fertilisation rates?

I understand the concern about a double transfer - it's certainly a big decision to make with your other conditions as after all your health is the most important thing. We are considering a double 3 day transfer this cycle so I asked the question on the forums and majority of people who had a double transfer resulted in 1 healthy baby. I have also read a bit about this that 1 embryo assists the other attach - here is the thread if you're interested - http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...ies&highlight=

Your Mum is so lovely... aren't Mums the best? My Mum has also helped us during this, she can't wait to be a grandmother and will do anything to help me get her there! I can see that it hurts her that getting pregnant isn't easy for me, she just wants the best for us and no struggle but unfortunately not the case. I haven't told her about this cycle... I have this fantasy about telling her I'm pregnant when she has no idea... I so hope this can come true! It's hard not talking to her about it but hopefully this is a quick cycle for me so it doesn't get harder and harder (last time I cycled for 16 days )

What is your FS doing different in this cycle?

AFM 1st injection done!!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-08-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jb, yay for AF arriving and you having started already Fingers crossed for you.
    Thanks for doing the roll call, it's good to be able to refer to that to see where people are at. I'm not 100% sure if my transfer will fall in sept or oct, it all depends when AF decides to show up. I'm cd26 now but I don't think I've ever had a 28 day cycle so it's still just a waiting game for me at the moment.

MGC, I can't even imagine how hard your journey would be. I really really hope you get your bfp soon!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (25-08-2013)